Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATT: Paintball Club/ Society or S.U

Options
  • 18-11-2007 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 993 ✭✭✭

Can some body give me contact details for your clubs or socities officier please, or a student union rep.

pb-handbook.jpg

At last, it is finished. The latest IPPA publication hits the cyber selves. The College Paintball Hand book is a supplementary guide for the successful running of your paintball college club / societies. It aims to help those set up and run their paintball club. The aim being to eventually increase the participation levels of the sport and a better IVs due to more teams entering.

Anyways, enjoy.

Download link: http://www.paintballer.ie/viewtopic.php?p=20835

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Tayto2000

Richard Butler is the societies officer:

Tel. (01)716 3100
    richard.butler@ucd.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Is there such a Club/Society? I thought it dissolved a few years back. Has one been setup recently or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Gamesoc is organising Paintball, as are a lot of other people. But we have a reasonable claim to it =p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Why did the paintball club stop? Was it not popular? I would think that the cost would be a prohibitive factor for students, so maybe that was it.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭yevveh

the Rifle society would also be good people to talk to. don't have any contact details though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Here's a contact for the rifle soc

ucdrifleclub@gmail.com

It's the Rifle Club.

Their website is www.ucd.ie/rifle

I think they have been the sole UCD representatives in the Paintball Intervarsity over the last few years.

The AUC don't provide any Sports Clubs with money for any paintball trips (as they don't consider it a sport), but with most Clubs, these trips seem to be more an informal social outing that Clubs organise than any official representation.

With the right marketing and organisation, I think there's definitely room for a Paintball Soc if someone was willing to set one up.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

I agree, Id definitely be interested in joining anyway

cost wouldnt be that much of a factor think of the amount a night in town costs and if the club had its own gear itd be cheaper...........hmmm

funny I was thinking about this during last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Why does the Rifle Club have a Children's officer?!?!?!?!

Why does the Rifle Club have a Children's officer?!?!?!?!
    It's a legal requirement that every sports club must have a Children's Officer if they have members under the age of 18. They must attend an ISC 'Children in Sport' course also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

cast_iron wrote: »
    It's a legal requirement that every sports club must have a Children's Officer if they have members under the age of 18. They must attend an ISC 'Children in Sport' course also.

Didn't know that, cheers!

Advertisement