Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats on your list??

Options
  • 18-11-2007 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭

Whats on Santas list this year?
    Shooting related stuff of coarse.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

Clothing mostly,

Got measured for a Kurt Thune jacket yesterday :D, will be getting an undershirt and glove as well. Might look at getting a nice sling and good handstop too. A good rifle is some way off at the moment :( (although I'm lucky enough to get the use of a Walther KK200 in DURC until I do shell out for a gun of my own).

This is all out of my own pocket, but given that Christmas (and my birthday) is on its way I may have some of it subsidised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

im gonna get the missus to pick me up a nice breathable realtree jacket. on a nonshooting related topic, but still on the hunting topic, i have decided to buy myself a brand spanking new ferret finder and collar. im toying with the idea of a new caller too but im still not sure.

this thread is actaully a great idea cos it might give me a few ideas for myself too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Hmmm. Lets see.
    • Two balance bags
    • New shooting jacket (wouldn't get Kurt Thune, they're awful :D )
    • New undershirt and leggings
    • Pelican 1750 guncase (or maybe an SBS model, but the pelican's awfully cool)
    • Pelican 1550 case for the air pistol
    • Money towards the British Airgun Championships in february
    • New small safe for ammo
    • A few thousand air rifle pellets
    • New shooting trousers
    • New shooting kitbag, the old one just bit the dust on the Finland trip and isn't fit for another international run (cheers, Aer Lingus baggage handling)
    • New headband (old one's getting lazy)
    • Air rifle cleaning rod and some more VFG felt pellets (I'm running out)
    • Air rifle discharging tool (screwdrivers shouldn't be shoved into air cylinders I think)
    • New water bottle
    • A smaller waistline (before the new jacket, undershirt, trousers and leggings :D )
    • More range time (last, but most important)

Some DURC people are doing a 'peli run' for the 1750 model, email me if you want to get in on it.

I have the 1550 case for the pistol - its way to big for the Izzy but its down in DURC if you you want to take a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

A nice canvas /leather cartridge bag
    and if santa has particulary large pockets this year a laser range finder:D

• Advertisement

What price are you getting on the 1750 Zara?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Sparks wrote: »
    Hmmm. Lets see.
    • Two balance bags
    • New shooting jacket (wouldn't get Kurt Thune, they're awful :D )
    • New undershirt and leggings
    • Pelican 1750 guncase (or maybe an SBS model, but the pelican's awfully cool)
    • Pelican 1550 case for the air pistol
    • Money towards the British Airgun Championships in february
    • New small safe for ammo
    • A few thousand air rifle pellets
    • New shooting trousers
    • New shooting kitbag, the old one just bit the dust on the Finland trip and isn't fit for another international run (cheers, Aer Lingus baggage handling)
    • New headband (old one's getting lazy)
    • Air rifle cleaning rod and some more VFG felt pellets (I'm running out)
    • Air rifle discharging tool (screwdrivers shouldn't be shoved into air cylinders I think)
    • New water bottle
    • A smaller waistline (before the new jacket, undershirt, trousers and leggings :D )
    • More range time (last, but most important)

Anything you want me to pick up for you in Bisley? I can certainly fit the VFG felts in my carry-on.

What price are you getting on the 1750 Zara?

With foam, €250 or so..

250? Definitely interested Zara. When do you need the cash by?

RRPC, wouldn't buy in the NSRA shop there, the markup's a bit too much, but thanks anyway!

For reference, btw, list price for a 1750 from the Irish Distributor is 400 euro...

• Advertisement

Soon enough - I think there are four or five being ordered. Will email you with the details. If anyone in WTSC / RRPC wants one, get them to email either myself or mike.

These are coming from Intershoot.

Nice. Only hassle with the 1750 is the weight - it's 11kg before the rifle goes in, and with the rifle and all the tools and everything else going in, you're looking at the guts of 20kg. Aer lingus weight restriction for a sport gun case is 15kg, and it's 8 euro per kilo over that. :(

(I'm half toying with the idea of getting a smaller - and thus lighter - case than the 1750 and keeping the air rifle disassembled in it for international trips. I'll do the measurements and email you back)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Remmy, what kind of range finder are you thinking of?

My "wish" list is...

Foxpro FX5
    Nice small digital/video camera
    Suitcase load of ammo :p
    Few other small bits and pieces

Definately a wish list cos I won't get any of it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

CZ 527 in .223, just find the money and convince the sergeant...
    Money will be the hard bit..sergeant is sound fella and the super doesn't appear to be too awkward either..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

250? Definitely interested Zara. When do you need the cash by?

RRPC, wouldn't buy in the NSRA shop there, the markup's a bit too much, but thanks anyway!

What's free shipping worth? Certainly more than the NSRA markup.

Having said that I don't see the VFG felts on their pricelist, so maybe they don't carry them anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Forgot to mention my own list.
    1: New Tikka T3 Tactical .223
    2:New scope(still undecided)
    3:Some nice camo rainwear
    4:Bout 1000 rounds to let rip on Christmas day, LOL
    5:Hard case for new rifle.
    6:The list is endless so ill leave it here, 1,2 and 3 are confirmed so ill leave this open for the missus to see for 4 and 5, if ye dont ask, ye dont recive ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,355 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

A nice knife is all i want this year.
    suggestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Mellor wrote: »
    A nice knife is all i want this year.
    suggestions

Just bought a Buck on ebay €41, lovely !

The new leatherman's are the k9's testes

• Advertisement

The hunting ones?
    Are they a knife and gut hook in one? Or have they snuck in other tools too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

The new leatherman's are the k9's testes

Yea, stick one of those on my list, lost my last one, was gutted cause i used it all the time, not just hunting and fishing

I bought the one without the gut hook. Had a look at the one with the gut hook but I didn't have much use for it...it's not really small game size. Shot myself in the foot buying local though, you can get them on the net for about half the price..

Which one is that, im looking at them online so not really sure of the scale
    all the "hunting" ones I seen had gut hooks
    either a full size extended hook, or a small one from the end

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭kerryman12

leatherman steens €93 off ebay includind delivery:)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭de_shadow

on my wish list for next year will be getting rid of an old .22 lever action rifle and replacing it with a .22 pistol probably the CZ kadet or maybe a Buckmark havent decided yet and add more range sessions too.
    might tart up my sp01 with some new comp sights and grips,also need to find a new bit of land to shoot over for the bunnies(thank you very much urban sprawl!!:mad:)

Advertisement