Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crashed car on the outer ring road !

• 18-11-2007 5:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

did ye see the crashed car on the outer ring road by the roundabout near johns park, looks like somebody had a lucky escape, or maybe thet didnt !
    the car looks like its engine is flattened right in .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Yeah, I saw it there, L-plates proudly displayed!

How did it even get there? The only solid thing nearby it could have hit is the barrier in the middle of the road. It must have skewered right across both lanes. I don't think I could do that if I tried!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

Its still there, I saw that today driving into college at 9am.. saw the L plates too..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Saw that light night, I wondered how it ended up crashing but with L plates may give that answer!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Photi

As opposed to those hundreds of bad accidents every year on Waterford roads involving drivers without L-plates?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It takes a particular kind of fool to crash causing that much impact damage on the ORR.

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

mike65 wrote: »
    It takes a particular kind of fool to crash causing that much impact damage on the ORR.

Mike.

I don't think its fair to comment when nobody knows the circumstances. I haven't seen the crash to give a proper opinion, but the car could have crashed somewhere near by and been moved (as required, if obstructing the traffic). By the sounds of it, it would have had to leap across two lanes - whose to say the driver wasn't rushing around at top speed, skidded on our slippy roads, and crashed? Even if he was in the right hand lane (or left, whatever side the crash happened).

The ORR has seen all sorts of crashes, from hitting barriers to going straight through the roundabout.

Also, the driver may have had a full license. Whose to say it wasn't someone driving a shared car? I know plenty of people using their parents car while on a provisional license. There parents may have easily crashed. The driver might not have been a learner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Folks, there's some sweeping statements here. And I'm actually surprised at the number of posts that mentioned L plates/drivers etc. We can start the biggest debate in the forum here about driving and drivers. But, lets just say that no one is perfect!!
    As mentioned above, no one knows the circumstances as of yet. And...
    We don't know if the car was stolen?
    We don't know what happened as there is no visable damage to wall, barrier nearby?

I passed the car a few times since yesterday morning and the car is flatened all along the front indicating there was a head on with a wall or something flat. If it was a pole it would be pushed in at the left or right. If it hit a wall at an angle, again it would be pushed in from the left or right.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

shapez wrote: »
    Folks, there's some sweeping statements here. And I'm actually surprised at the number of posts that mentioned L plates/drivers etc. We can start the biggest debate in the forum here about driving and drivers. But, lets just say that no one is perfect!!
    As mentioned above, no one knows the circumstances as of yet. And...
    We don't know if the car was stolen?
    We don't know what happened as there is no visable damage to wall, barrier nearby?

I passed the car a few times since yesterday morning and the car is flatened all along the front indicating there was a head on with a wall or something flat. If it was a pole it would be pushed in at the left or right. If it hit a wall at an angle, again it would be pushed in from the left or right.

i think the car hit the central concrete medium on the road, there are a few bits and pieces of the front of the car in the rain drain off chute beside the concrete medium, goodness knows, just glad it aint my car !
    although citroens are a heap of ****e anyway so maybe he will buy a decent car now !

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Had a search for this car, couldnt find it. The only damage I saw was that done to the railing, but I think that was done prior to this crash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

Car is gone. Conversation over. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement