Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio - Least favourite dj

Options
  • 18-11-2007 5:35pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭

ok, just a selection as i've recently been exposed to morning/daytime radio for the first time in a few years. It's gotten worse.

Who do you instantly turn off?

Which one really pisses you off? 80 votes

Ray Foley
    0%
    Ray Darcy
    15%
    Robbotony 2 toneYeraclordgoatJohnWertzTellerRowley Birkin QCradioactivemanClare BearMODENAIRISHSPORTSGUY 12 votes
    Tony Fenton
    10%
    1huge1themadchefbuck65Zirconiarannerappurplegekojunkster12345StrangleTheDogs 8 votes
    Phil Cawley
    25%
    Mossy MonkMr EdougaldemanufacturedthetrickykidZaphJIZZLORDSnake PliskenNightwishcornbbRAUL DUKEgustavoSinfoniaJellogsxr1skelliserHolmerMissyRockKriegdavejones 20 votes
    Gerry Ryan
    2%
    hobochickPj! 2 votes
    Ian Dempsey
    28%
    MrJoeSoapCreaturejor elwet-paintprojectmayhemmillikeano_afcBadabinggrumpytrouserstywyspadderanotherlostieIdeomondymikeAnto McCHo-HumCosmo KMoominPapahorgan_pKess73 23 votes
    Ryan Tubridy
    3%
    ShamocashbackDecuc500 3 votes
    Other Shothead
    15%
    BigConStargalDodgerossioushiscanleninbenjaminDregondollydropsBubs101Green GiantLands LeavingMerry Ploughboy 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Phil Cawley
    Most of them piss me off. I would say everyone on Today FM except Matt Cooper do my head in, oh and lets not forget the two goons on the 2fm Breakfast show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Phil Cawley
    Tony Fenton is surely favourite to land this title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

Phil Cawley
    Thats who my vote went to! I loathe him and I'm on a mission, albeit futile, to get him off the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

Phil Cawley
    Yeah, Tony for the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

Phil Cawley
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ray Darcy
    Seriously, the worst of the lot is Foley, think about it, imagine him when he's fenton's age. He's an total arsehole. Not funny and extremely boring. And as for his minions? Is there a more demeaning job??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Ray Darcy
    Plus Foley doesn't like boards so he must be the worst by default.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Ruth Scott - I really dislike this woman

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Phil Cawley
    Tony Fenton gets my vote - does he speak to his family with that stupid accent? - but Anne Marie Kelly runs him very close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

keefg wrote: »
    Ruth Scott - I really dislike this woman

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Phil Cawley
    Ha Ha!!! The Fent, the writing is surely on the wall. Take your "crackin' tunes" and be off with you!

I'm sure Van Morrison will give you a job.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ray Darcy
    Ray Foley. The auditory equivalent of coming home to find that the cats been sick everywhere.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

DJ is an abbreviation of the term disc jockey. All of the above are radio presenters so this whole thread is pointless regardless of the relative demerits or otherwise of those names mentioned.:rolleyes:

*awaits the barrage of abuse*

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ray Darcy
    Robbo wrote: »
    Ray Foley. The auditory equivalent of coming home to find that the cats been sick everywhere.

Ha, that made me and my housemate laugh out loud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Tony Fenton
    Darcy for me...just cant stomach the guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Ian Dempsey
    Don't forget Gerry Ryan gets a nice chunk of your license fee, I think thats worth two votes, at least the commercial stations don't look for handouts for their deadweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

Tony Fenton
    theres a guy on the radio station beat102103 that broadcasts in the south of ireland and midlands, radio presenter= niall power, he does my brain in, bad enough he sounds like an idiot without having a squeaky voice as well, please somebody tell me im not the only one cant stand the sound of his voice !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Ryan Tubridy
    theres a guy on the radio station beat102103 that broadcasts in the south of ireland and midlands, radio presenter= niall power, he does my brain in, bad enough he sounds like an idiot without having a squeaky voice as well, please somebody tell me im not the only one cant stand the sound of his voice !

You're not alone!!

It's between dempsey and fenton for me but darcy has got pretty damn annoying too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Tony Fenton
    Anyone else from the midwest would surely agree that 'Mark & Catriona on the breakfast show'on Limerick live95fm are the worst DJ's ever to grace this planet.

Phil Cawley

Oh Christ, don't get me started on that nasal little gimp, and his 'hilarious' sidekicks; Vinnie, you are not funny. I hate everyone on that station, the whole thing is chav to the core.

Quite like Foley though....sorry:o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Phil Cawley
    I like Ray Foley too.

Tony Fenton makes me want to smash the radio with my sledgehammer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Ian Dempsey
    Can't stand Gerry Ryan and his ball of snot.

Phil Cawley
    I almost like Fenton in a weird way, just to hear what clanger he's going to drop next. He really reminds me of Smashie & Nicey. Poptastic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Green Giant

Other Shothead
    1huge1 wrote: »
    Anyone else from the midwest would surely agree that 'Mark & Catriona on the breakfast show'on Limerick live95fm are the worst DJ's ever to grace this planet.

Rarely a truer word spoken, and that's based on hearing clips from the show during ad breaks on Live95

Ray Foley, now there's a funny man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Phil Cawley
    luckily for me i wasnt in charge of paying for my tv license, so my hard earned money doesn't go to gerry "jabba the hut" ryan.

i also hate tony fenton.
    "yeah, great song, great song"

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Tony Fenton
    Love Ray Foley; funny funny guy. He bounces off adele and JP really well.

I have gone off Ray Darcy completely recently he just gets up my nose!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Phil Cawley
    Tony Fenton is such a cheesy git.

he makes me cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Ian Dempsey
    Rick o' shea and Ruth Scott terrible together even worse on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Ian Dempsey
    I'm surprised Gerry Ryan isn't leading this poll. The man finds a way to tell us every day what colour the poo was that he proudly made this morning, or that he got his tubes tied( or at least it was that way the last time I heard him).
    And Joe Duffy's not even on this poll? Wow. Although to be fair it's his callers that annoy the p1ss out of me more than he himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

Tony Fenton
    I used to like Ray Darcy when he started on TodayFM, but he's become such an opinionated git - maybe they should change the name of the show to "In Ray Darcy's opinion....."? His ideas on what is morally correct are a real pain in the arse, and dare you disagree with him, I'm sure he give you a clout with his handbag.

He also tends to make statements which he thinks they might be a bit controversial, and appends "I dunno, I dunno?" to the end, as if to say, If it all goes pear shaped with the public, I wash my hands of that last comment.

Advertisement