Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio - Least favourite dj

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

Other Shothead
    John wrote: »
    Plus Foley doesn't like boards so he must be the worst by default.

did he say this on air what was he talking about
    i voted turbridy i like most of the djs on today fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Shoot me, but I'm not a fan of Cormac Battle. He comes across like a version of Jack Black in High Fidelity, without the comedy value. The sneeringly cooler than thou indie kid schtick is tolerable when people are young, but c'mon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Gerry Ryan
    I like Foley as well. I also listen to Darcy but as with others he has started annoying me. We were talking about this in the pub a few weeks back and it seems this is the opinion of many lately.
    Still better than a lot of other rubbish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Other Shothead
    Turbridy is the worst thing ever to happen to the media in Ireland. Thankfully though I can avoid him now

Gerry Ryan's been up his own arse for about 8 years now.

Fenton/Foley/Cawley are ridiculous. Has Smashey'n'Nicey not taught them anything?

Darcy is just a younger Pat Kenny. Equally as square, but at least Kenny doesn't want to do llight.

Dempsey's about the only one I can tolerate for more than 10 seconds. And even then I can only take short bursts

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭thebiggestjim

Ian Dempsey
    I like Foley, I find him entertaining. Despise Gerry Ryan. Ruth Scott is a pain (and now its Ruths Truth. Who cares you bag)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ray Darcy
    Dodge wrote: »

Fenton/Foley/Cawley are ridiculous. Has Smashey'n'Nicey not taught them anything?

I doubt any of them know Smashey'n'Nicey. If the did they might learn something.

Glad to see i'm not alone in my views!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

irish radio is the work of the devil. like manufactured plastic pop turds? then tune in.:rolleyes: me ill just stick to the music on my mp3 player/laptop thanks. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

lordgoat wrote: »
    And as for his minions? Is there a more demeaning job??

Presume you mean Adelle & JP? One is a producer and co-presenter of a national radio show, the other is a co-presenter, researcher and scriptwriter of a national radio show. It's not a demeaning job ........

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Other Shothead
    'Ol wrote:
    irish radio is the work of the devil.
    have you heard much radio elsewhere? its as bad, if not worse...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Ray Darcy
    Presume you mean Adelle & JP? One is a producer and co-presenter of a national radio show, the other is a co-presenter, researcher and scriptwriter of a national radio show. It's not a demeaning job ........

In your opinion it is not a demaning job, in mine i couldn't imagine anything worse. Scriptwriter - my arse, and as for the production...

Reminds me of what Zapp Brannigan says:

Zapp Brannigan: Fry, I am demoting you. Kif, what's the most humiliating job?
    Kif: Being your assistant.
    Zapp Brannigan: Wrong! Being your assistant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

The lads from the Strawberry alarm clock, Colm and Jim Jim win it by a mile for me. The accents just go through my head, I cant stand to listen to them..Ian Dempsey is class!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭'Ol Jack Chance

Dodge wrote: »
    have you heard much radio elsewhere? its as bad, if not worse...

yeah 104 classic rock in new york was pretty good. cant get it on the net tho :( given a choice tho Id rather listen to my own playlist tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Phil Cawley
    Fenton is a ****
    same with Darcy
    funnily enough I quite like Gerry Ryan

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Phil Cawley
    Fenton wins this hands down, Don't mind Gerry to much he keeps me amused.
    Why the hell isn't that turd Will Leahy on here? Now he is an annoying!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ray Darcy
    I used to like Ray Foley but he does my head in now. He thinks he's the next big thing (I highly doubt that) and he can't take criticism....you'll notice that if anyone posts anything remotely negative (could be as small as "that wasn't great Ray") on his blog/you tube he'll delete it straight away, he can give but he can't take, probably the main reason for me not liking him....that and those other two eejits he does his show with and their stupid catch phrases...don't get me started on their daily entertainment update! :mad:

Before you ask, it's on at work, other people listen to it so I don't have much of a choice really.

Advertisement