Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox/Internet explorer not working..just after I downloaded Visual Studio Express

• 18-11-2007 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭

As the subject says, I can no longer access web pages on my laptop. Can access MSN Messenger no problem, and when I type in a domain name, it will take all the necessary redirections, but when it starts to actually load data it just sits on "waiting for www.blabla.." The day before I installed Visual Studio Express and had to add an environment variable (whatever that is) to get it working. Don't know if that has anything to do with it or not...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/winsockxpfix.html
    Try running winsock fix and see does that help with your connectivity. Strange that MSN connects ok though , are your browsers using a proxy ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Moved from laptops.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Sounds like some sort of action has happened that shouldn't have. Your computer should have saved its settings as it goes along and you can easily roll back to one of these settings. These are system restore points.

Start > Control Panel > Performance & Maintenance > System Restore

You will be presented with a calendar of restore points that you can roll back to. Find the date just before things changed and roll back to it.

Thats what I would do anyway...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

I've studied Electronic engineering for 4 years but I'll never understand computers.

Was using Wireless connection in the house when it stopped working last week. Was staying in my parents place the weekend and tried wired connection there..worked for a second then stopped working all weekend. Came back up to Dublin and tried it on Wireless connection againand it worked. Really have no idea why. Computers are weird.

Advertisement