Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How long have we had a 3rd strip?

• 18-11-2007 7:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I never remember us having a 3rd strip. Firstly, its horrible. Secondly, only about 8 other nations have a green home strip so its really just another money spinner for the boys in grey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

Why did they even wear it, its not as if the green jersey clashes with the welsh red.

And they should know from history that one off away jerseys are a curse. Scotland vs Georgia, us vs Macedonia in the orange one years back, and im fairly sure England had an awful game in recent years with a one off strip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

We Actually wore the organe one in a home game!!! Does anyone remember it?

No idea why wore Grey of all colours...probably Umbro calling the shots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

shane86 wrote: »
    Why did they even wear it, its not as if the green jersey clashes with the welsh red.

Green/red mix ups are inherent to the most common form of colourblindness.

Even still, its obviously a cash cow coming up to Christmas brainwave. Wouldnt the white one have done them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭seabee

They were contractually obliged to wear it as part of their deal with Umbro - according to what George Hamilton said before kick-off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

No doubt the one in the shops comes complete with eircom logo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Its the most hideous corporate logo on the go. I'm very tempted to scrape it off my white shirt. I think the home and away shirts are decent though, (I'd like to get one the players wear, the ones minus the eircom logo)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Someone posted a link a while back for an irish-based eBay seller with Home / Away jersies minus the Eircom logo.

Picked up the Away one - looks very. very nice.

Advertisement