Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ask about buses in Enniskerry

Options
  • 18-11-2007 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hi everyone, i just wondering to know, is there any bus service the enniskerry town.
    I like a house, but it's not in the town center, i just want to check is there any local bus service the whole town.
    Or the 44 and 185 will do that??

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

the 185 will bring you into bray

:cool::cool::cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sarah.Wu

blay1 wrote: »
    the 185 will bring you into bray

:cool::cool::cool:

thanks, but is there any can service the enniskerry town???

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,440 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but the 185 travels to the main village, and then it goes up to Shop River passing by much of the town on the way. It depends on where exactly you are going to in Enniskerry - is it just the village centre you want?

I'm not quite sure what exactly you are asking, but the 185 travels to the main village, and then it goes up to Shop River passing by much of the town on the way. It depends on where exactly you are going to in Enniskerry - is it just the village centre you want?

I want to go Blueberry Hill , Kilmolin.
    is the bus service there??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

Kilmolin is served by the 185 from first thing to around 2320.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

There used to be a private bus, I think it was (sic) the 'powerscourt express' or something that did the entire circuit of the surrounding countryside.It went from bray all around enniskerry and was quite regular. You could phone the bus on your mobile to see when it was coming, and it was cheaper than cie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭SickCert

It was run by Alpine in an old minibus, havent seen it since the old timers retired.

thanks.

and there is no minibus or something service the whole town?

because i have no car, i want to live in the town.

i take 44or 185 to the town center. i don't know how to back home.

that's why i am asking!

hope you can help me.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭Mullaghteelin

Apoligies for bringing up an old thread. Ive been studying the timetable for the 185 from Bray Dart sation to Kilmolin/Shop River. http://tinyurl.com/5ybqmv
    It seems to suggest that theres no bus going the whole way to Shop River from Bray between 8:45am and 18:45 on weekdays. All the buses between those times dont go out as far as Shop River. I wonder if someone with local knowledge can confirm if this really is the case, or am I reading the timetable wrong!:o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,847 ✭✭✭Polar101

Apoligies for bringing up an old thread. Ive been studying the timetable for the 185 from Bray Dart sation to Kilmolin/Shop River.

Hoping to tap into some local knowledge here - where exactly is Shop River? Can't find it on a map..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Polar101 wrote: »
    Hoping to tap into some local knowledge here - where exactly is Shop River? Can't find it on a map..
    Not surprising, really, there's not much there apart from a bus stop (and a river) :)

If you take the road from Enniskerry towards Glencree, then it's just before you get to Curtlestown, probably 2 - 2.5 km from the centre of Enniskerry. There's the aforementioned bus stop, then a small cul-de-sac off to the left, and then a fork off left towards Knockree youth hostel, all quite close together. The river is a small tributary of the Dargle.

Grid ref (approx.) O 201 170

Advertisement