Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Maarten

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Thats nothing, remember seeing people quite a distance behind a B1B at Fairford holding before T/O with full burners on..........Complete idiots they were running and ducking everywhere and got burnt considering she has 4 General Electric F-101-GE-102 turbofan engines with afterburner and her Thrust is: 30,000-plus pounds (13,500-plus kilograms) with afterburner, per engine

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

i'd kill to take a holiday there. isn't there a bar on the beach with bleachers people can use to plane-spot? the problem is that every so often the beach ends up being erroded because of jet blast...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Memories of that old burger king ad, where the US Navy guy has to have his burger flame grilled, so heads up to the deck of the aircraft carrier with beef patty on a prong just as a jet is about to take off...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I was there last year as a stop on a cruise I must post a few pictures.
    There is a bar at the side of the beach it has a radio tuned to tower frequency and a board with the arrival times of the big jets.
    Most of the traffic is commuter traffic, Islanders, ATRs, CRJs and business jets.
    There are 4 or 5 large jet arrivals a day. I saw the air france A340 arrive very impressive.
    Had to go before it took off again but got to see it climbing out of airport as we sailed away.
    I also learned that standing behind a 767 as it takes off isn't wise, the blast isn't hot but the sand it whips up is very unpleasant.

Advertisement