Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More 3 mobile email issues.

Options
  • 18-11-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys,

In fairness to 3, I have found the service in general has improved over the last few months. If you can get good reception, download speed is good enough to stream youtube most of the time. It's up nearly all the time as well.

BUT, email.

There seems to be another issue using mail on the 3 mobile network. There is a document on the three website for solutions on how to using POP email on the 3 network. aptly enough they suggest three possible solutions. Only one of these will work for me and is the most convenient.

This solution involves using the mail-relay.3ireland.ie mail relay server on the 3 network. This was working fine up until about mid last week. THEN, I suddenly discovered that the mails were not actually being received by the intended recipient.

Rang 3, and then they say that they are aware of the issue (dont know whether they meant that I was aware of it because I told them or because it had already been brought to their attention by someone else), and that they will be working on it. How hard is it to set up a mail relay server????

Annoying...

Advertisement