Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Fortress 2 Achievement

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

I'll join in
    Gt: sergeant burns

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Won't be around at 8pm tomorrow so count me out lads.

No problem.

sergeant burns and Mr Moon

add me and ill send you invites to the server and you can add everyone else from there!

daz0rz
    brim4brim wrote: »
    Sorry DJ, I meant to setup a thread on the site with this but then I got busy with work.

If you do that anyway tonight sure you can get them to add you and they can join aswell I dont think we can get the full 7 from this.. unless everyone joins!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

dazftw wrote: »
    No problem.

sergeant burns and Mr Moon

add me and ill send you invites to the server and you can add everyone else from there!

daz0rz

If you do that anyway tonight sure you can get them to add you and they can join aswell I dont think we can get the full 7 from this.. unless everyone joins!

Right I set it up here on our site in the general bookings section:
    http://www.xbox360exile.com/general-event-booking/12504-team-fortress-2-achievement-tomorrow-8-a.html

You can see a list of people saying they are attending from our site there. BTW there is a COD4 event occuring soon if anyone wants in for that you can check out the other events.

We should have at the most 10 people tomorrow permitting everyone turns up including the lads from the 360exile website!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

thanks for the games lads , had to leave in the end as it all went very laggy.if your up for a few games of tf2 give us a shout anytime.

• Advertisement

Yeah I left too, I couldn't handle that crap. I was just trying to walk out of the supply room and was having problems.

Capturing territories was impossible.

Yea thats my fault my connection is showing itself not to be great even though its a 6mb connection..

Whats the difference being hosting one and other ones?

Thanks for playing and getting the ach anyway :) I wouldn't mind some more games only not me hosting lol

the first lot of games had no lag at all , did you open up the server after restarting ? for the second lot of games.

Yea thats my fault my connection is showing itself not to be great even though its a 6mb connection..

Whats the difference being hosting one and other ones?

Thanks for playing and getting the ach anyway :) I wouldn't mind some more games only not me hosting lol

If you have a 6Mb connection, you shouldn't be having problems with games.

I think TF2 just handles large numbers of players badly because there is a lot going on. Especially with demo men bombs flying all over the place as it has to keep track of them and that uses data and all data in games has to be transfered fast or you get lag.

Who's your BB with, NTL?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

What happened last night?

I joined the game and there where only 7 people playing and noone was talking?? Did you's get the achievement??

• Advertisement

Yea I changed it t more that 8 players after I restarted! Im guessing it handles 8 best! Its with NTL yes! We did the get the achievement mr moon who were you in the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Grayarea

I had a great time last night! Thanks all :)

I will be hosting a game tonight (with 8 friends slots) if you are interested, I can manage 12 on my Magnet connection so should be fun.

Later,

Grayarea wrote: »
    I had a great time last night! Thanks all :)

I will be hosting a game tonight (with 8 friends slots) if you are interested, I can manage 12 on my Magnet connection so should be fun.

Later,

Send me an invite and ill join for a bit :)

same here , throw us and invite.

You can send me an invite. If I'm on, I'll join.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Sorry couldn't make it on last night - didn't get back from college til late.
    I might be around later for the game - what time abouts?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

depending on the time i would probably be up for a game

Yea I changed it t more that 8 players after I restarted! Im guessing it handles 8 best! Its with NTL yes! We did the get the achievement mr moon who were you in the server?

I only turned it on at half time of the match forgot about it!!

I was dj digitalmoose

What time tonight? I might be able to join, I've sent you a request!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

everybody should add denarse anyway

Mr Moon wrote: »
    I only turned it on at half time of the match forgot about it!!

I was dj digitalmoose

What time tonight? I might be able to join, I've sent you a request!

Don't add Dj, he's a lunatic!!! :p

Yeah I saw you on last night but wasn't sure if you got the achievement. DJ is a self admitted achievement whore so it means a lot to him.

I might be on, hopefully we can get some more even teams than last night. I know it was a stalemate last night in one of the matches but I spent half the round as an engineer in the base which I don't really like doing just to stop us loosing.

The rest of the time I spent as a scout hunting the person who got the flag because I hadn't started being an engineer. I ended up being the top scorer on my team in that round and I'm not really that good at TF2 IMO.

• Advertisement

Don't add Dj, he's a lunatic!!! :p

Yeah I saw you on last night but wasn't sure if you got the achievement. DJ is a self admitted achievement whore so it means a lot to him.

Hey, nothing wrong with being a score whore :D

I didn't get the achievement, sure you where the only one on my friends list from the group playing and there was only 7 of us!!

Mr Moon wrote: »
    Hey, nothing wrong with being a score whore :D

I didn't get the achievement, sure you where the only one on my friends list from the group playing and there was only 7 of us!!

You should have asked the others to add you when the game was over and we returned to the lobby.

So you still have not got it I take it.

just do it again tonight?

I might be a little more up for it tonight. I was too tired to play last night and the new episode of heroes was out so I watched that instead.

I might be a little more up for it tonight. I was too tired to play last night and the new episode of heroes was out so I watched that instead.

funny you should talk about heroes , i downloaded all 10 episodes of season 2 and watched some with herself last night having a few beers and eating a box of ?

yep you got it Heroes :D

i'll be up for some tf2 tonight for an hour or so until she gets home and then it's the rest of heroes tonight.

I just remembered I can't. One of the guys in work is going back to India and we are having a night out :(

I'd rather play TF2 but I agreed to go and they booked places in a restaurant so it would be unfair not to go.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Just been playing Team Fortress on live, I picked the guy with the rocket launcher and started running around shooting, not having a clue what I was doing. I unlocked my first achievment on TF2 but i was booted not long after.

What are they expecting? - that I'd be the team MVP my first go.
    Arseholes.

I wouldn't worry about it. Same thing happened to me the first few times I played. Some people are just arse holes when it comes to live.

I'm better than most of the people I play now. Some people just don't like new players when they are playing but forget that they had to learn too. If you did the same thing to those guys, they'd probably give you bad rep for it :rolleyes:

Advertisement