Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Short-cuts for women, advice needed! (Galway)

• 18-11-2007 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on where to get a nice womens short-cut in Galway. Feeling the desire to chop it all off, but I don't wanna end up looking dyke-ish, so I'm being careful about where I go (had a bad experience with a short-cut when I was younger)

So any suggestions, people?

On a side note, what're the opinions on short haired women? IMO, it can look nice, takes no time to dry, it's easy to maintain and your head feels so much lighter!

Can short cuts look nice on women? 4 votes

No
    0% 0 votes
    Yes
    100% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It's very easy to get a short cut that looks feminine. Just talk to your hairdresser, bring pictures, if you keep a bit of length at the front and shorter at the back t hat keeps it a bit softer.

Just make sure you don't end up with a posh spice bob, unless of course you want it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

i've a mate who got her gruaig chopped off by a seriously stoned cousin with a blunt stanley knife...

best fashion move she ever made IMO... looks great... now a vibrant shade of red... looks absolutely great... im just pissed i didnt do it first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Mawg wrote: »
    On a side note, what're the opinions on short haired women? IMO, it can look nice, takes no time to dry, it's easy to maintain and your head feels so much lighter!

It would be interesting if all posters on this thread would declare whether they're male or female, and then see if there's a pattern.

IMO (and I think a majority of men would share my opinion), you have to be very pretty to carry off short hair, and even then, it only "does it" for a certain number of guys. Remember that e-mail that went around called "The Rules", one section for guys and one for girls? Remember the top rule for girls? "Never cut your hair"!

Personally I associate short hair with women getting too comfortable after they get married... Oh sh1t... now I'm in trouble :D

Maybe you don't care about what guys think, maybe you're shockingly pretty, maybe you've a boyfriend that would love you if all your hair fell out, but there's nothing like long (past the shoulders) hair on a woman... especially straight and brown. Why do you think so many of us fancy Katie Holmes? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Mawg-I'd just Momento on high street, unassuming place that seems to do well on word of mouth , I seem to rave about it on the boards but there's a girl there who does great short cuts, mine isnt short, well above my shoulders alright, but I saw her cut a girl ahead of me and it was real good..Danika I think her name is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,460 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I'd say, as a rule. Short hair on women - No.

Halle Berry being an exception.

• Advertisement
Advertisement