Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car on hire purchase?

Options
  • 19-11-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi, somebody may be able to advise me on following.

Last January i purchased a car on hire purchase. I was changing jobs at the time and the bank would only let me purchase the car through HP. So anyway now i'd like to own the car.

What way is there around it? Would the bank be prepared to give me a personal loan which i would use to finish the hire purchase agreement early and then just pay back the personal loan. I just don't like the idea of not owning the car until the final payment is made which would be jan 2010. I have a regular income since January and have never missed any repayment so would be able to payback the personal loan ok.

Anyone have a similiar experience?

Advertisement