Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advanced beginners?

• 19-11-2007 12:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

can anyone advice us on which resorts for skiing are good for beginners? we have skied once before, we are looking at the elisabeth hotel in mayrhofen, the salzburghof hotel in zell am see, the sport village hotel in soldeu, have NO idea where to start when it comes to france? any help at all would be great...good ski school, good hotel, good food, good spa i hotel, no ski buses, ski in and out kinda of hotel....

thanks so much in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Lucifer wrote: »
    can anyone advice us on which resorts for skiing are good for beginners? we have skied once before, we are looking at the elisabeth hotel in mayrhofen, the salzburghof hotel in zell am see, the sport village hotel in soldeu, have NO idea where to start when it comes to france? any help at all would be great...good ski school, good hotel, good food, good spa i hotel, no ski buses, ski in and out kinda of hotel....

thanks so much in advance

I can't really be of that much help other than to say that most resorts will have a good mix of blue, red and some black slopes so from that point of view I wouldn't have any worries.

I only know Zell am See from the above but I don't know the hotel. Zell is quite a large town so you *could* have a nice walk from the hotel to the lift. In Austria the ski buses aren't anything to be afraid of. The service is great and you can usually find somewhere cheap near the lifts to leave your skis and boots should you want to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

For advanced begineers I still think either Soldeu / Andorra or Livigno / Italy is your best bet.

Both are very large resorts with plenty of blues/reds, both tax free, both have good night life and depending on the hotel you can be within 5 min of the Gondola.

Advertisement