Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I hate the Patriots but

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Vikings wrote: »
    Ah you know i've nothing against the Patriots really...just Belichick :D ah no but it was a bit of a joke that.

Check out last week even when Green Bay slaughtered us 34-0, they didn't run up the score in that game. Our defense couldn't stop them and they scored on us... a lot. They even converted two 4th and short on us but both of those were in the first half when they game was 7-0 and 10-0 not exactly impossible to comeback by that much. Think the Packers had only 2 short 4th downs in the second half but punted both times, they kicked field goals on the other 4th downs.

It's one thing the defense not being able to stop the offense, but when they are held short on 3rd down its just bad form to go for it on 4th when you are leading by so much. No matter what the team... if the Packers had of done it against us last week there'd be at least 4.5 threads on here with me bitching about them, mostly directed at Favre.

Dude its a professional sport though are we still missing this point. Any other sport outside the US its quite acceptable in fact baseball it is aswell oh and basketball in fact American Football is the only sport that deems it a problem. College ball I can agree with as its technically amateur and they are schools and the NCAA dont want to promote making other teams look stupid as the other team is a school. But in professional sport these players are paid millions and are supposed to be the best of the best so is it wrong for the Patriots and Colts and Cowboys and all these other teams to have playmakers that can open up a can of whoopass every play hell no thats what they are paid for. And the Defensive coach and players are paid the same wage to stop it.

I coach and play for the Tallaght Outlaws and we got hammered over 40 points in alot of our games in our first season did I complain or did our head coach complain about running up the score hell no we didnt we were a rookie team and couldnt stop the stronger teams such is life we will aim to better ourselves and at least keep the scores down until one we can do the same.

At the end of the day the running up of the score argument is petty and if professionals cant learn to deal with it then maybe they should think about a sport they can deal with.

Oh and for those stats gurus out there this is the 1st time the Patriots went into the 50's all season long didnt Philadelphia destroy someone 54 - 21 back in week 5??? The 3 teams the Patriots were accused of running up the score against were also 3 of there Division rivals Dolphins (Sh*t) Bills (Sh*t) Jets (sh*t). Even if the Patriots put Matt Cassell in against these 3 we probably would have still beaten them just not by the huge margins but you get my point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Yeah well... Patriots suck :D

Actually i'm just jealous you got Brady and Moss together in the iafs fantasy league, those two buggers have outscored my whole team put together almost every week.

Yeah well... Patriots suck :D

Actually i'm just jealous you got Brady and Moss together in the iafs fantasy league, those two buggers have outscored my whole team put together almost every week.

hehe you all laughed at me saying i would be screwed in week 10 hehe :D:D but it was the rest of the weeks around it that counted lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭heyjude

if Arsenal or Man Utd were hammering someone 10-0 in a game and kept scoring with every attack would they be accused of running up the score

To compare American Football with its unlimited substitutions with soccer, hurling or any sport with just a handful of substitutions makes no sense. But as you brought it up, if Arsenal or Man Utd were 10-0 up, then I would expect that the big names such as Rooney(if he wasn't injured already), Fabregas etc to be subbed to save them from injuries etc. Wait and see this weekend if Arsenal or Man Utd go 3-4 goals ahead and watch the managers start to withdraw players with possibly a third of the match still to go, they do it regularly. Its not to avoid running up the score, but once a game is won, why risk injuries to your star players. It also gives other players a chance to get some match experience/fitness.

What do you think the likes of Ferguson or Wenger would give, to have unlimited substitutions and enough players on the bench to be able to pull off all their starters once they were far enough ahead ? They'd love it.

Bellichick has a big advantage over Wenger and Ferguson, he can pull off his stars and if the opposition gets a couple of scores, he can put his starters back in again. In hurling, once a game is won a team can go for points rather than goals, like the Patriots could have gone for a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down. But unlimited substitutions is the real difference, taking Brady out of the game carried no risk, leaving him in, did.

heyjude wrote: »
    To compare American Football with its unlimited substitutions with soccer, hurling or any sport with just a handful of substitutions makes no sense. But as you brought it up, if Arsenal or Man Utd were 10-0 up, then I would expect that the big names such as Rooney(if he wasn't injured already), Fabregas etc to be subbed to save them from injuries etc. Wait and see this weekend if Arsenal or Man Utd go 3-4 goals ahead and watch the managers start to withdraw players with possibly a third of the match still to go, they do it regularly. Its not to avoid running up the score, but once a game is won, why risk injuries to your star players. It also gives other players a chance to get some match experience/fitness.

What do you think the likes of Ferguson or Wenger would give, to have unlimited substitutions and enough players on the bench to be able to pull off all their starters once they were far enough ahead ? They'd love it.

Bellichick has a big advantage over Wenger and Ferguson, he can pull off his stars and if the opposition gets a couple of scores, he can put his starters back in again. In hurling, once a game is won a team can go for points rather than goals, like the Patriots could have gone for a field goal instead of going for it on 4th down. But unlimited substitutions is the real difference, taking Brady out of the game carried no risk, leaving him in, did.

What has subs got to do with my point. Patriots choose to leave the strongest team on the field and win the game by adding more points and get accused of running up a score. Liverpool played Besikitas in the CL recently and put 8 past them and rotated their players and you could argue the subs they used were thier stongest also hence why the pool play a rotation system. My point was regardless of who is on the field in GAA or Soccer or Rugby etc etc tney dont get accused of running up a score because nobody cares. the weaker team lost by a big margin and need to look into why they lost by that score simple fact. Any sport you could argue until the cows come home that team A ran up the score on you but what you should be more concerned is the fact you couldnt stop them. Again they are supposedly the best of the best Coaches should do their job and make sure a thumping doesnt happen again.

As for the points and 4th down thing is a contradiction to the argument of running up the score 3 pts for a field goal is still running up the score. On 4th down gives the Bills or any team another attempt to stop them. So how does that compare to a hurler scoring a point or goal. The patriots could have gained the 1st down and not scored on those 4 downs :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

hehe you all laughed at me saying i would be screwed in week 10 hehe
    That's because they didn't notice you were playing moi in Week 10. Luck strikes in your hour of need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Oh and for those stats gurus out there this is the 1st time the Patriots went into the 50's all season long...

Obviously not a stat guru, then? :rolleyes:

Second time in three games over 50. And the fourth time in five games that they've been over 48.

Stat gurus? You don't have to be a stat guru just to check the results.

Slow coach wrote: »
    Obviously not a stat guru, then? :rolleyes:

Second time in three games over 50. And the fourth time in five games that they've been over 48.

Stat gurus? You don't have to be a stat guru just to check the results.

Sorrry 2nd time. As a Pats fan i stopped counting the scores get so used them being so high :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »

Totally agreed Bellichek wants total domination. Charlie Weiss said it after he left the Patriots that Bill would rather keep his starters out there as it keeps competition healthy for places and it means his starters have all the experience neccessary. Junior Seau even was saying at the start this year that he has never felt as young in his life becuase he has had to keep himself in top health to keep out all the other younger LB's out of the 1st string. Most Patriot fans would like to see Brady stay on the field right to the end also.

One thing about this risking injury thing. Dan Marino said it back at the start of the season that teams removing players to prevent injury is something that rarely happened back in his playing day as most coaches looked at this way you could be on the pitch 5 seconds and do damage. Haven't we seen that all season long. Players getting injured and now on IR.

Look at the List:

Tutt, Stacy RB NYJ IR Knee
    Lloyd, Brandon WR WAS IR Collarbone
    Murphy, Matt TE BUF IR Calf
    Tuman, Jerame TE PIT IR Back
    Milner, Martrez TE ATL IR Ankle
    Smith, Rod WR DEN IR Hip
    Schouman, Derek TE BUF IR Ankle
    Morris, Sammy RB NE IR Chest
    Wynn, DeShawn RB GB IR Shoulder
    Brown, Ronnie RB MIA IR Knee

Jones, Mark WR TB IR Knee
    Goings, Nick RB CAR IR Concussion
    Green, Trent QB MIA IR Concussion
    Alexander, Stephen TE DEN IR Calf
    Parker, Eric WR SD IR Toe
    Perry, Tab WR CIN IR Hip
    Simms, Chris QB TB IR Spleen
    Strong, Mack RB SEA IR Neck
    Jackson, Nate WR DEN IR Groin
    Leinart, Matt QB ARI IR Collarbone
    Delhomme, Jake QB CAR IR Right elbow

Price, Peerless WR BUF IR Neck
    Hall, Roy WR IND IR Shoulder
    Mathis, Jerome WR HOU IR Fibula
    Calhoun, Brian RB DET IR Knee
    Williams, Cadillac RB TB IR Knee
    Thomas, David TE NE IR Foot
    Douglas, Robert RB NYG IR Knee
    Campbell, Dan TE DET IR Elbow
    McAllister, Deuce RB NO IR Knee
    Campbell, Mark TE NO IR Back
    Holiday, Carlyle WR GB IR Knee
    Stuckey, Chansi WR NYJ IR Foot
    Everett, Kevin TE BUF IR Head, neck, spine
    Elling, Aaron K CIN IR Undisclosed
    Abbate, Jon RB HOU IR Undisclosed
    Herron, Noah RB GB IR Knee
    Race, Germaine RB SD IR Toe
    Hill, Quadtrine RB CHI IR Undisclosed
    Walker, Mike WR JAC IR Knee
    Gramatica, Martin K DAL IR Hamstring
    Espy, Mike WR WAS IR Knee
    Brewer, C.J. WR SF IR Knee
    Merritt, Ahmad WR ARI IR Ankle
    Blaylock, Derrick RB WAS IR Heel
    Wakefield, Fred TE OAK IR Knee
    Powdrell, Ryan RB GB IR Knee
    Price, Maurice WR KC IR Undisclosed
    Hanoian, Greg RB KC IR Undisclosed
    Moats, Ryan RB PHI IR Ankle
    McAddley, Jason WR WAS IR Hamstring
    Daniels, P.J. RB BAL IR Hamstring
    Herian, Matt TE TB IR Calf
    Gross, Tyronne RB SD IR Knee
    Basanez, Brett QB CAR IR Wrist
    Shockley, D.J. QB ATL IR Knee
    Elliott, Jamin WR ATL IR Knee
    Barrett, Lamart WR STL IR Shoulder
    Jackson, Jerome RB CLE IR Knee
    Hairston, Justise RB NE IR Undisclosed
    Johnson, Darcy TE NYG IR Knee
    Ricard, Alan RB DET IR Undisclosed
    Irons, Kenny RB CIN IR Foot
    Alstott, Mike RB TB IR Neck
    Humphrey, Tory TE GB IR Ankle
    Lee, ReShard RB OAK IR Knee
    Holland, Johnathan WR OAK IR Shoulder
    Seidman, Mike TE IND IR Knee
    Stanton, Drew QB DET IR Knee
    Taylor, Chris RB HOU IR Knee
    Finneran, Brian WR ATL IR Knee
    Robinson, Marcus WR DET IR Undisclosed
    Finn, Jim RB NYG IR

• Advertisement

And then you have the guys struggling all season long or picked up injury recently who for some are heading towards IR

Coles, Laveranues WR NYJ Out Ankle Expected to be out for Week 12 at Dallas
    Walker, Javon WR DEN Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Tennessee
    Henry, Travis RB DEN Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Tennessee
    Hall, Ahmard RB TEN Out Forearm Missed Week 11 at Denver
    Smith, Paul RB DEN Out Calf Missed Week 11 vs. Tennessee
    Johnson, Larry RB KC Out Foot Missed Week 11 at Indianapolis
    Lelie, Ashley WR SF Out Quadricep Missed Week 11 vs. St. Louis
    Lynch, Marshawn RB BUF Out Ankle Missed Week 11 vs. New England
    McCown, Josh QB OAK Out Quadricep Missed Week 11 at Minnesota
    McNair, Steve QB BAL Out Left shoulder Missed Week 11 vs. Cleveland.
    Peterson, Adrian RB MIN Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Oakland
    Smith, Steve WR CAR Out Shin Missed Week 11 at Green Bay
    Smith, Steve WR NYG Out Shoulder/hamstring Missed Week 11 at Detroit
    Stanback, Isaiah WR DAL Out Shoulder Missed Week 11 vs. Washington
    Thrash, James WR WAS Out Ankle Missed Week 11 at Dallas
    Ward, Derrick RB NYG Out Ankle/groin Missed Week 11 at Detroit
    Wilcox, Daniel TE BAL Out Foot Missed Week 11 vs. Cleveland
    Williams, Demetrius WR BAL Out Ankle Missed Week 11 vs. Cleveland
    Alexander, Shaun RB SEA Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Chicago
    Broussard, John WR JAC Out Ankle Missed Week 11 vs. San Diego
    Davis, Chris WR NYJ Out Shoulder Missed Week 11 vs. Pittsburgh
    Fletcher, Bryan TE IND Out Calf Missed Week 11 vs. Kansas City
    Franks, Bubba TE GB Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Carolina
    Glenn, Terry WR DAL Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Washington
    Green, Ahman RB HOU Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. New Orleans
    Griese, Brian QB CHI Out Shoulder Missed Week 11 at Seattle
    Harrison, Marvin WR IND Out Knee Missed Week 11 vs. Kansas City
    Heap, Todd TE BAL Out Thigh Missed Week 11 vs. Cleveland
    Hill, Shaun QB SF Out Finger Missed Week 11 vs. St. Louis
    Horn, Joe WR ATL Out Hamstring Missed Week 11 vs. Tampa Bay

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Crapjob Sean

heyjude wrote: »

You often hear players say that if you play trying not to get hurt is often when you get hurt.
    Plus Brady's a football player, he doesn't need to be wrapped in cotton wool. He's not Louis Saha.

I have to admit I get a kick out of posters second-guessing a coach like BB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I like them going for it, if you have the ability to thump a team, why not thump them? Also, it beats the hell out of what most teams do if up big in 4th quarter with 2nd or 3rd string RBs running for short gains, eating the clock, kneeling the ball etc.

If anyone was in Wembley, remember the boos at end when the Giants kneeled to finish? We would have preferred them to go for more scores, wouldn't we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

I'd have preferred a close game since I was at it :)

Pats were far far too good for the Bills. The unusual thing is that the Pats get to a lot of third downs (as in not getting the 10 yards on first or second) but have little trouble converting the thrid downs. Bills defense couldn't bring any pressure to bear on Brady.

On the plus side, Ralph Wilson stadium is a lot better place to view a match than Foxborough. The 300 seats were a good bit closer to the pitch. The oversized beer glasses explain why I don't remember the second half. Had to laugh at the barwoman saying that the reason for not selling beer after half time was that people would be too drunk to drive home!!

vorbis wrote: »
    Had to laugh at the barwoman saying that the reason for not selling beer after half time was that people would be too drunk to drive home!!

Classic isnt it I fell around the place laughing at the bargirl hehe so you get tanked up before half time and that makes it ok :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

not being a massive fan but watching the patriots run up scores it occurs to me why doesnt some team hit Brady.In every team sport if the same happened the fly half in rugby or most creative player would be tackled hard and a message sent out,eg Keane on Overmars or the munster players on Chabal.Have the patriots such a great protection around him that noone can get near him.Just wondering

raven136 wrote: »
    not being a massive fan but watching the patriots run up scores it occurs to me why doesnt some team hit Brady.In every team sport if the same happened the fly half in rugby or most creative player would be tackled hard and a message sent out,eg Keane on Overmars or the munster players on Chabal.Have the patriots such a great protection around him that noone can get near him.Just wondering

That is pretty much the case, yes.

Just on the resting starters thing. Here's an excerpt of Brady being interviewed on Tuesday on the Dennis & Callahan show on WEEI.

http://weei.podzinger.com/viewMedia.jsp?index=2&num=10&filter=0&expand=true&match=query,channel&dedupe=1&start=0&il=en&col=en-all-pod_weei-ep&s=PZSID_pods_pod5_8_6_0004;WEEI+-+Dennis+and+Callahan&e=14460576&res=116495738

About 9 minutes in

interview ongoing

John Dennis : Tom, the whole world has kicked around this 'running up the score debate for weeks now. We've heard coaches take on it, we've heard your take on it several times. Let's move on to 'for safety's sake' when these margins are big. Specifically – would you have been pissed if the Patriots started Matt Cassel in the second half with the Patriots up 35-7?

TB : I wouldn't have let him start the second half.

John Dennis (laughing): I'll take that as a yes.

TB : Yup, that's right.

Jerry Callahan: You would be. There's a point would you agree, that starters get upset if they're taken out of a game too early? You understand there's appoint when you're coming out but that point would not be, I'm guessing….. late in the third.

TB : Yeah, early fourth probably.

Jerry Callahan: Early 4th

TB : I didn't want to come out in the 4th. Josh looked at me and I said "I don't wanna come out" I think we all like playing, to tell you the truth. We work our asses off all week to play. And, you know, to go out there and play well. So if you're out there for 37 minutes? No way. That's the best part of the game!

John Dennis : I know Tom that you can't be concerned with getting injured, because you can't play that way but shouldn't someone on the sidelines be looking at the bigger picture saying "If we're going to going to go 19-0, if we're going to win the Superbowl, one of the major things that could derail us is somebody, when the score's 42-7 rolling up on Brady's knee and having him down for 3 weeks. Should that safety not be considered at some point? Your opinion notwithstanding.

TB : Yeah, but I, you can get hurt in the 1st quarter of the game..

John Dennis (interrupting): Yeah but the game's still in progress. The game is still in doubt at that point. At 42-7, when you hit Watson with a TD, 8:49 left in the 3rd quarter, I know you don't want to come out but aren't you, from a safety standpoint, 1% at risk of getting hurt and missing the next game?

TB : Yeah, but fellas, the problem with the NFL is that you've only 45 guys who are active each week. You can't replace every single starter…

John Dennis (interrupting): I'm not suggesting that. I'm not saying take out every starter. I'm sa….

TB (interrupting): Okay, then do you take me out and then you take Randy out, you take the offensive line out, you only got 3 other linemen who are active for the game. You can't start pulling everybody out. As a coach, you're going "Okay, well Brady's important but Koppen's not important, or Brady's important but Welker's not important or Watson's not important, or every other guy's not important.."

Jerry Callahan: He has a point, they're not as important as you are.

TB : And I do come out. I do come out in the 4th quarter. And at the same time we're still trying to make improvements. I mean we're not…. we're trying to play extremely well. We're not trying to win 42-28. We're, you know, trying to win.. we're trying to kill teams. We're trying to blow them out of we can. So you want to build momentum for each week. You don't want a 42-7 or 35-7 and all of a sudden you look up and it's 35-21. I mean we don't want a part of that. We don't want to go into next week knowing that for the last 18 minutes of the game your team didn't play well, or didn't play (pause) up to its capabilities. You gave other teams momentum for the next time they play you or gave another team a reason not to be intimidated.

John Dennis : I wasn't suggesting taking the defence out, I was suggesting taking the quarterback out. I don't see the Buffalo Bills, you know, at 42-7 scoring 5 touchdowns against the bulk of that defence we saw Sunday night.

Jerry Callahan (interrupting): Well I don't think, well my point has been to John that coaches never think about taking guys out til the end of the 3rd..

John Dennis (interrupting): And teams never win by a margin of 35 points.

Jerry Callahan (interrupting): Sometimes they do

John Dennis (interrupting): Not as an average

Jerry Callahan (interrupting): John Madden made the point Sunday night that a coach never thinks til the end of the 3rd about yanking his starters and protecting his starters, it's just not part of the game.

TB (sounding a little impatient): Guys, I've played with Randy Moss and Wes Welker and Donte Stallworth for 10 games in my career. I mean every snap I get with those guys is valuable. I mean, we're still making improvements. We go in there on Monday and Wednesday and we correct things. Things come up in the game that you don't expect to happen in practice. And if that's the case you've got to correct those things that happen, in the game. And you can't correct 'em if you're sitting on the sidelines.

Jerry Callahan : I understand…

TB (interrupting, impatiently): We're trying to get better. I don't know why people can't figure that out. (enunciating) We are trying to improve. And the only way you can improve is if you play!

Jerry Callahan : But, Tom..

TB (interrupting): You can't improve on the sidelines.

Jerry Callahan : you've played your whole life, you know what happens when

TB (interrupting): But I haven't played with Moss or Stallworh or Welker or Kyle Brady. We haven't played in situations where it's 4th down and it's a critical point in the game and you gotta make a play. Now we're trying to prepare. So what if you're up by 28 points? What if it's 4 th and 1 in a few weeks and it's a tied ballgame? (dismissively) Or that just doesn't mean anything to anybody, that's just "Oh, God, you'll deal with that when that comes up" No! You want to have confidence that you can make those plays. I don't get…

Jerry Callahan (interrupting): But you'd also like to have confidence in Matt Cassel if you do, God forbid, go down. So everything is preparation for something. I just think traditionally, in football, you know, a team gets a big lead they take their guys out in the 4 th quarter. And because your leads have been so big people want to accelerate that process. Well, I asked the question, well what about the 2nd quarter if the lead is big enough? It's just not something a coach or a player considers until the end of the 3 rd.

TB (agreeing): No way. No way.

---interview continues

Tom Brady says it all Thank You Tom I heard that interview and he was really getting irritated towards the end.

raven136 wrote: »

Its not that easy to get to a QB and you cant hit him after he throws the ball. QBs are protected by there linemen in play and the refs after the ball is thrown. In fairness if it was that easy to take a QB out of a game don't you think it would have been done already :)

Patriots are gonna whomp the Falcons... gonna be great :D

And as long as the packers keep up this score line, if we win on Sunday we are only 1 game behind the Lions... sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Patriots are gonna whomp the Falcons... gonna be great :D

And as long as the packers keep up this score line, if we win on Sunday we are only 1 game behind the Lions... sweet.

Eh dude hate to disappoint Pats dont play the Falcons at all this season :D

Hehe woops meant the Eagles... was thinking about the Colts Falcons game last night got mixed up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭Manny7

When you look at what happened in the Colts game, leaving the starters in in the blowouts makes sense, if they'd got used to packing up after the 3rd quarter no way would the Pats have been in a position to win in the last 9 minutes like they did. They've been using this "60 minute men" mantra all season just for games like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭Lothaar

In fairness, the Pats played the last few seasons with so many backups on the field due to injuries that BB is probably just enjoying the fact that he can actually play his starters.

It was gick to go for it on 4th and one against the Bills, though. Brady can talk it up all he likes, but there was nothing to learn from that play. The Bills D had given up, and even before they gave up they were getting pushed around. With nothing at stake, against an inferior D that just wants the game to end, a 4th and 1 play is nowhere near the same as it would be in a crunch situation. They'd be better off practicing that situation against their own D in training. There'd be nothing at stake, but the D would be better!

I do see the merits of working on stuff in real game situations, even if it means running up a score - you've won the game, but now you want to use the remaining time as almost a practice session in a real game environment. If you score TDs, well tough. But attempting a 4th Down conversion is an extremely aggressive move, attacking the endzone.

And I don't agree that kicking a FG would be running up a score. That's a stretch. 3 points is less than the 7 they got from the TD/PAT.

But overall, I don't think it was the most despicable thing in the world. That call has polarised fans way too much - you either love the Pats for their 'fvck em all' attitude or hate them for being gloating, classless nincompoops.

My take on it is that, yeah it showed a complete lack of respect for the Bills and for football conventions on the whole. But the Pats are playing for themselves, for better or worse. Bellichick has instilled the attitude that they will dominate everybody they face. It's not far off Madden's creation of the Raiders' bad-boy image though instilling a dirty, mean attitude in the team that struck fear into their opponents hearts. If you can intimidate your NEXT opponent, you can win the game before it even kicks off.

In summary, I think it was classless and wrong BUT it's part of the 2007 Pats attitude, which could well help them achieve the perfect season. If so, they'll be remembered and respected for their 'fvck em all' attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭Lirange

Lothaar wrote: »
    In summary, I think it was classless and wrong BUT it's part of the 2007 Pats attitude, which could well help them achieve the perfect season. If so, they'll be remembered and respected for their 'fvck em all' attitude.
    Belichick did actually remove Brady for Cassel in the third quarter against the Dolphins. Cassel choked and Miami promptly racked up the points to make the scoreline respectable. Since then the Pats have been to determined to avoid a repeat of that. But with the criticism of running up the score from pundits the Pats will definitely try to run up the score now.

An interesting article on the Pats coach.

Helluva game last night.
    Eagles elimiated Moss almost completely.
    Feely had a great game but his INTs cost the Iggles in the end.

16-0 does not look like the near-certainty it was.

And wtf was going on with 25 point line?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

Helluva game last night.
    Eagles elimiated Moss almost completely.
    Feely had a great game but his INTs cost the Iggles in the end.

16-0 does not look like the near-certainty it was.

And wtf was going on with 25 point line?

yeah but look at Wes Welker last night.
    10/149.

Cut out the Moss effect and you open up some1 else with great quality.

Washout wrote: »
    yeah but look at Wes Welker last night.
    10/149.

Cut out the Moss effect and you open up some1 else with great quality.

It took them a while to get that going. But, yeah, Welker had a great game.
    The Eagles kept a crucial drive alive for them in the 4th as well.

• Advertisement

It took them a while to get that going. But, yeah, Welker had a great game.
    The Eagles kept a crucial drive alive for them in the 4th as well.

With an offsides penalty. Or neutral zone infraction.

I was up til 5 with this ****.
    Zonked.

Advertisement