Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite post-Beatles career

Options
  • 19-11-2007 8:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

This was inspired by the Beates VS. Wings poll. I think comparing Wings (or any post-Beatles stuff) to the Beatles is a bit unfair though, as the Beatles will pretty much always win. I thought this would make for a more fair comparison.

So after the Beatles broke up and went their seperate ways, who produced the music closest to your liking?

Favourite post-Beatles career? 13 votes

John Lennon
    0%
    Paul McCartney
    23%
    ShamoloyatemuRoyale with Cheese 3 votes
    George Harrison
    30%
    loyatemuRoyale with CheesePaparazzoLatchy 4 votes
    Ringo Starr
    46%
    loyatemuRoyale with CheeseZorbaTehZBubs101Driver 8Jijsaw 6 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Driver 8

Ringo Starr
    George Harrison. All Things Must Pass is by far the best post-Beatles solo album, and The Travelling Wilburys were a lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Ringo Starr
    I just voted for all of them - think there might be a problem with your poll.

In reality i'd go for "none of the above" - there's maybe 20 songs between the 4 of them that I would consider genuinely "great".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

George Harrison
    I was always a Lennon fan and some of his solo stuff was good but McCartneys stuff with wings was more upbeat and cheerful (most of the time ) .I also like Harrisons stuff, specialy with the wilburys .Ringos 'photograph' was a decent enough song but i am going for McCartney on the strenght of his singing voice and long back catalogue .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 BadfingerBoogie

loyatemu wrote: »
    I just voted for all of them - think there might be a problem with your poll.
    No, I did that on purpose just in case some people didn't have a single favourite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ringo. I never cared much for the Beatles but loved Thomas the Tank Engine.

I also really want him to be last man standing as well. In fact, I have money on the pirate's ex husband being next in the mortal coil shuffling queue.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Pete Best

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

George Harrison
    Pete best was to goodlooking to be a beatle so they kicked him out :D

Advertisement