Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andy Maxwell's DVD

Options
  • 19-11-2007 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has bought/seen Andrew Maxwell's new DVD. I was thinking about getting it, but 20euro for an hour with no extras seems a bit steep TBH, even for one as talented as Maxwell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

think of it this way....the tickets to that same show wud have been more expensive, and 20 euro isnt bad comparitavly speaking, i say go 4 it, maxwells a legend so u wont b dissapointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

20 euro is a bit steep but at least you'll be entertained. You know exactly what you're getting and it'll be worth it which is more than I can say for other comedians.

....at least its not €35 like any of jimmy carr's or dylan morans FIRST dvd! €20 is worth it man!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Hey That_Guy your Simpsons quote signature should read:
    "Talking out of turn? That's a paddlin'. Lookin' out the window? That's a paddlin'. Staring at my sandals? That's a padddlin'. Paddling the school canoe? Oh, you better believe that's a paddlin'."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

€20 is not that expensive for a DVD but the price is to be expected leading up to Christmas.

If you don't want to pay so much wait til after Christmas and the price will have dropped quicker than Russell Brand's pants at the Playboy Mansion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

think of it this way....the tickets to that same show wud have been more expensive, and 20 euro isnt bad comparitavly speaking, i say go 4 it, maxwells a legend so u wont b dissapointed.

Yeah but as you know Live > DVD.
    I'll probably pick it up once it drops to about €15. maxwell deserves my royalty, for being a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭V1llianous

The cheapest I have found is on Play.com €18.49 delivered.

i still say, it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Was thinking on getting it myself, just checked out a few clips on youtube to reassure myself he truely is a legend. Ill be purchasing it tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭xabi

I purchased Maxwells DVD, not impressed at all, I laughed twice. Dont waste your money, he is OK on the panel, not funny on stage at all.

X.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Bought it, it has it's moments, but not up to Dara's standards though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

Didn't find it very funny myself, only one or two properly funny bits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ahowler

Hello. I have the Maxwell dvd and would like to know what it is he says in Irish at the end. Thanks to anyone that can help:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

Was it something like 'an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leathris'
    Have I got permission to go to the toilet...

I cant remember rightly, its what he says all Irish people know how to say in Irish? I don't have the dvd here to listen again.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Fabritzo wrote: »
    Was it something like 'an bhfuil cead agam dul go dti an leathris'
    Have I got permission to go to the toilet...
    It's more than likely that.

It's an in joke that most Irish people have because in Primary School we all have to learn Irish and as a result of it being taught really badly most people when leaving school can't speak it. However, the above phrase is the one phrase that we all know as it's probably the first phrase we learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Watched it last night...A little disappointed - I had seen him live and he was much better than the clips that made the DVD :(

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I watched it a couple of nights ago. It wasnt as funny as the live shows I've been at. I think he may have had to tone it down a little for the DVD. I had seen him a 2 weeks before the DVD recording, and he was only meant to be MC'ing a show, but ended up doing 45 mins set. He was excellent! I saw him in Vicar st too sometime in October I think, and again he was fantastic. My sides were sore from laughing so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 claremoya

great on the panel but i thought dvd was terrible....delighted to get this as a pressie but could not believe how bad it was...
    Seen him on the panel a few weeks ago and he was excellent but he looked very nervous on stage and i never laughed at all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

claremoya wrote: »
    great on the panel but i thought dvd was terrible....delighted to get this as a pressie but could not believe how bad it was...
    Seen him on the panel a few weeks ago and he was excellent but he looked very nervous on stage and i never laughed at all....

I got it for Christmas.. meh.

Twas ok.. Have seen better but it was enjoyable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭cowan

I actually thought it was brilliant, he can have a bit of a strange sense of humour, a few of my mates didnt really like it, but I thought it was class.

Come on Feb teh 5th

cowan wrote: »
    I actually thought it was brilliant, he can have a bit of a strange sense of humour, a few of my mates didnt really like it, but I thought it was class.

i agree, i really liked it! thaught it could have been longer though! but still andy maxwell being really funny! whats more could you ask for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

yeah i got this too :)

it was good

he has a very weird sense of humour and in his defence it was his first live DVD...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 tmac101

I really enjoyed the dvd. laughed alot. not all the jokes are suited to everyone, but cant believe some people didnt laugh at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ilovemybrick

Would you like to see Andrew Maxwell for only €12?
    Live.Well keep your eyes tuned to ducomedy.com

pm for reservations

Advertisement