Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waves in Portmarnock

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭

For any of you lucky enough to be off today Portmarnock and all along that part of the coast is absolutely pumping. It took me alot not to turn around at 7:30 this morning and call in sick. I also had a mate ring me at 9 to tell me how big the waves were so I wasn't seeing things. If any of you make it out enjoy!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

I wonder would it be worth getting there tomorrow morning before work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

Heya Derek,
    I've met you a few times on Portmarnock. I lost my phone at ****** and havent got your number anymore. If you want pm me your mobile and I can txt you if it looks decent when I'm heading to work. I usually see the beach at 7:15. Any1 else interested Pm me and I can group txt!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Deadly! pming you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Ganteng

Arrghhh!:mad: I was gonna get up and check it but slept in. What sort of size was it? Was there any shape to it at low tide?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Waves in Killiney on monday were bout 4/5 foot. Was pretty rough. Even today were still a few nice clean ones to be had for the longboarders!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

4 - 5 foot on their mothers side more like!!!

They look nice though - enjoy them while they last. I lived about 500 yards from Killiney beach for 3 years - it's a rare enough occurrence - make hay while the sun shines!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭conman78

Thats a photo from yesterday at lunchtime, clean and crisp, monday was pretty rough and big. 3 lads were out getting bashed about. Always a decent enough wave there at low when the sea is anyway rough. By decent i mean for east coast only. Anyway Sligo for this weekend........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭DAVE_K

It can be big down Killiney beach occasionally - i don't like those sea defence posts down there or all the rocks.......White Rocks when it works is good though

I took a half day from work today so should be in the water for 3.........after 3 years living in Dublin I moved west so Sligo now is only 45 mins away - woooohoooo.

That wind looks like it's going to swing to onshore tomorrow along the Sligo Coast line

Advertisement