Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless, phonelineless, BBand...is it possible?

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hey all,

I want to get wireless Broadband for my apartment but I have no phoneline and can't attach anything to the external building. I tried Irishbroadband - router option - but there was no signal in my builiding. I am living in on the outskirts of Dub city, next to Phoenix park. Has anyone any suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Wireless options without an aerial are very limited, apart from Ripwave (Irish Broadband) there's Clearwire, but stay away from that because it's crap.

Can you get Digiweb's mobile wireless? Don't know anything about this so can't say much. You could try one of the 3G offerings, O2 or Vodafone, not 3.

Would you consider getting a phone line? This might be the best option, or is cable available (NTL)?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 aimsir_te

so is it possible to get BBand through NTL cable?....which I have to say I don't have but could get.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Some bits near Phoenix park get Digiweb Mobile. You can see if they let you have a trial. It's quite different to 3G Mobile Phone Internet.
    NTL is now UPC and they are upgrading. Available cable does not yet automatically mean Broadband too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Why dont you try the mobile broadband options (3, vodafone or o2). they offer a trial so you can try it out and bring it back for a full refund if it doesnt work where you live.

Advertisement