Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turf

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Its winter, and its getting cold, so I would like to get some real turf for my fire. Anyone know anywhere you can pick some up? I'm not talking about the Bord Na Mona briquettes mind.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

do you want much

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

A few bags to get through Christmas really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 randombloke

I'd be after about 5-10 bags as well. Live in Dublin and work in Kildare. Anyone know know where I might find some...turf that is, not the briquettes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 SASQUATCH

Iv gone cutting a bit of turf as a wee lad, and I can confidently say the best place to get turf is IN A FUKKEN BOG, YOU Know?!?!

Hope this was helpful to your turf seeking endevours
    PAX

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

SASQUATCH wrote: »
    Iv gone cutting a bit of turf as a wee lad, and I can confidently say the best place to get turf is IN A FUKKEN BOG, YOU Know?!?!

PAX

It wouldn't be the time of Year for cutting Turf in a BOG now would it..

The only place I've seen selling Real Turf in Dublin is the Maxol Petrol Station in Harolds Cross, €2 a Bag as far as I can remember..

Wouldn't mind a trailor load of the stuff Myself..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

SASQUATCH wrote: »

PAX

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

this guy is on the buy & sell 10 bags min though 0868049540

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

I'd be after about 5-10 bags as well. Live in Dublin and work in Kildare. Anyone know know where I might find some...turf that is, not the briquettes.

Surely there should be availability around Kildare Town - the Bog of Allen is only a stones throw away.

Advertisement