Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo WII

Options
  • 19-11-2007 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

Having great difficulty getting a Nintendo WII. Does anybody know if WII games available in Ireland can be used in the US version of the game. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

You mean a US Wii Console? If so, then no. Wii games you buy over here(PAL version) will not work on a US console(NTSC) console.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

sadly to tell that wii is the only next gen console that isn't region free...:o

it's a big problem when you wanna play some japan release only games...hate that need to spend extra money on the console for that!:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

Get 1 from OZ:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Check komplett.ie or komplett.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=578

^Nintendo forum. Few threads there from people with similar problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

seraphimvc wrote: »
    sadly to tell that wii is the only next gen console that isn't region free...:o

it's a big problem when you wanna play some japan release only games...hate that need to spend extra money on the console for that!:cool:

So this is gonna be one of those welcome to a few months ago posts, but is the 360 and games fully region free?

Thankya

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

No, some games are some aren't. There are lists online that cover the majority of region free games available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

So how is the wii the only next gen console that is not region free?
    Is the xbox 360 a next gen console? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

tuxy wrote: »
    So how is the wii the only next gen console that is not region free?
    Is the xbox 360 a next gen console? :confused:

The Wii is the only one that is totally region locked. Publishers have the option of making a game region free on the 360, they don't have this choice on the Wii

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I see. Thanks for the explanation.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 deluca

the nintendo wii is not really a next geb console it is a cheap fun console not meant to be compared to the rest my sis is goin to auction one top bid at the mo is 350

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

-Al- wrote: »
    So this is gonna be one of those welcome to a few months ago posts, but is the 360 and games fully region free?

Thankya

as in tman replied:D

p/s:so far i can recall all the big titles are region free,and even a small number of the games are not,just get it in the game shop then,fair enough.(talking about when you order online ,ridiculous cheap price compare to when you walk in the shop here:D)

p/s2:i have no intend to start another console war thread here.seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

cool stuff, wish I knew that a few weeks back when my bro was in NY, bah i'll know for next time.

Cheers lads

Advertisement