Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zyxel modem stopped working when switching from PS3 to PC

Options
  • 19-11-2007 12:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,399 ✭✭✭

As the title states, my modem stopped working yesterday when I switched it from my PS3 to the PC. I have been doing this switching back and forwards between the 2 devices for a month and no problems apart from waiting a while for the PS3/PC to detect the DSL signal. However, yesterday, it stopped working completely. I plugged the modem back into the pc ethernet cable and plugged the phoneline back in. However, it would not establish a link with the DSL signal. I unplugged all cables, turned off the modem etc but nothing worked.

I'm no techie so thats as far as I got. Why is it that this modem could be working fine one minute and then abruptly stops the next. BTW it has been very reliable for the 2 years I've had it. This is the first time it has failed to get online.

Has the switching between the PS3 and pc messed up some internal configuration and should I run the CD drivers I got with the modem from IMAGINE?

Finally, is it possible to have 2 modems in a house, i.e. my ps3 and pc were together in the one room but are now at opposite ends of the house so I've been trying to use a belkin router for the PS3 and my own ZYXEL at the pc. However, the belkin wouldn't work so thats why I've been switching the zyxel back and forth.

Advice appreciated in advance.

Advertisement