Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How can Microsoft / Xbox get away with this

• 19-11-2007 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hello,

Basically COD4 And ASSASINS Creed Keep Freezing and crashing, but Fifa08 is working fine on the 360.

I have just been onto microsoft about the console to organise pickup of it, thinking i had ANOTHER HARDWARE ISSUE!!she asked me what the problem was with the console and i explained what was happening.:(:(

She said that this issue is not hardward it is a Patch that needs to be updated, she said that customers in UK and ireland are having the same problem.,i wasn't the only one.:mad:

I asked when this would be sorted out, she said that it could take up to 1 month and that i would be informed by email when the update was ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad:

How the hell can they sell games to customers knowing that its not going to work!!:mad:

Because the online on playstations isn't as good as Xbox i would be F***King the xbox out and gertting a PS3

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The age old hardware company blaming the software company and
    vice-versa.

I'd be surprised if it is not a cache related issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Did this really need a new thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Well the good news is assasins creed locks up and crashing on the Ps3 too, blame ubisoft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Well the good news is assasins creed locks up and crashing on the Ps3 too, blame ubisoft.

Apparantly this is mostly happening with machines on the 2.0 firmware though (afaik) (This 2.0 firmware also ****ed up my HDMI output, so Sony aren't exactly saints in my book either)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭mickoneill30

Basically COD4 And ASSASINS Creed Keep Freezing and crashing, but Fifa08 is working fine on the 360.

I have just been onto microsoft about the console to organise pickup of it, thinking i had ANOTHER HARDWARE ISSUE!!she asked me what the problem was with the console and i explained what was happening.:(:(

Are these games made by Microsoft? Because if they're not why is it Microsofts fault?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Are these games made by Microsoft? Because if they're not why is it Microsofts fault?

It is a hardware issue, Xbox is made by Microsoft so its microsofts problem!!!! read the threads carefully the next time before you post replys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

It is a hardware issue, Xbox is made by Microsoft so its microsofts problem

How do you know it's a hardware issue ? You didn't say any of your other games are freezing.

For example, if a game (i.e. software) has a bug in it, the bug may cause the game to freeze.
    This is nothing to do with the piece of hardware that it's running on, it's the piece of software that has stopped working.

If you had a hardware problem all of your games would be experiencing problems.

That's why people are saying that it's Activision or Ubisoft's problem.

Makaveli wrote: »
    Did this really need a new thread?

He needed the extra post/thread for all the :mad::mad::(:(:mad::(:(:mad:

deadl0ck wrote: »
    How do you know it's a hardware issue ? You didn't say any of your other games are freezing.

For example, if a game (i.e. software) has a bug in it, the bug may cause the game to freeze.
    This is nothing to do with the piece of hardware that it's running on, it's the piece of software that has stopped working.

If you had a hardware problem all of your games would be experiencing problems.

That's why people are saying that it's Activision or Ubisoft's problem.

The fact that its 2 farely graphic intensive games points to H\W, it would explain other games working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

The fact that its 2 farely graphic intensive games points to H\W
    I disagree.
    Microsoft told him it's a know issue - it's not just his machine, it's lots of machines...
    GOW and Halo 3 don't have issues like this, and they're pretty graphically intensive.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I've been playing COD4 non-stop since release and haven't had a single issue. Did she claim only certain 360s are affected by this problem? Either way it sounds like a hardware problem to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

Both myself and my brother have been playing Assissin's Creed for extended periods on two 360's with absolutly no freezing, and one of them in a launch console. Haven't gotten around to picking up COD4 yet but I hope it's the same!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Xbox and ps3 are just like stock pc's right? We receive updates and all that from microsoft and game developers!

Its not Microsoft's fault, the only thing it could be is xbox is very old and is starting to die, otherwise its a software problem, if you think about it ALL pc games released will be given several patches to fix bugs etc etc after the official relase! We get updates for all our games don't we? Its the same idea I haven't got any updates for CoD4 or AC? So wait til we get one and see if that fixes it.. Saying that ive had no problems with either of the games

Besides AC what I think is Vsync tearing or something like that it skips a frame every half hour or so not really a problem!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

i have assassins creed and cod4 completed both games without any hassel . now i played assassins creed all day for like 12 hour had the 360 on all day(i know i have no life) not once did i experiance any problems not even a framrate drop (at least i dont think)

the games were exellent and ran perfectly and if only a certain amount of people had this problem doesnt proove anything come on only certain people have 3 red lights some more then others get it like twice in a row, some people dont get banned for having a firmware hacked xbox 360.

its all got to do with microsft even if it is a software problem its not like microsft have a clean track record with helping angry gamers.

if a game doesnt work on your 360 and another one does also doesnt help the fact it could be from the the develepors end but neither does the fact it works on some 360.

best bet you can do is just rent another copy of said games and see if they work and if so its just dodgy discs that being said if both games are frezzing and others work fine and both games are from 2 different develepors doesnt that seem odd to be a coincidence.

hope you get your games sorted man cause they really are kick ass games.

Moe Lester wrote: »

best bet you can do is just rent another copy

and switch the disks :P

Cant see how trying another copy of the same game would solve
    a software problem - it'll be the same version and subject to the same
    update patches. If the 360 is refusing to play more than one title my money
    is on either a cache or hardware problem. If you cant clear the cache or
    clearing it doesn't resolve the issues return the 360 to either MS or the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

if you end up having a dodgy 360 from this try returning it to the shop first as they might just give you a new 360 and if they make you return it to microsoft just say no blah blah blah i bought it here i want a new one.

see if that works but i can guess you dont want to return you xbox 360 no one really does if its just the 2 games with the problem.

i was just thinking the discs were sctached not that it was a software problem could also be your lens that has trouble ready games like that but not football games as im guessing the read differently.

hope this hepls somehow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I agree that it sounds like a cache problem. Clear it an see what happens:
    TeamXbox wrote:
    Go to the system blade and then select memory. Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

Performing this function will also clear any software updates.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,008 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

It is a hardware issue, Xbox is made by Microsoft so its microsofts problem!!!! read the threads carefully the next time before you post replys

Does the 2003 in your name signify date of birth?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭robbie2003ie

Tested xbox without hard drive so it is not a cahce issue.

Xbox being shippped off fri.

• Advertisement

Did you even try another copy of the games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭trellheim

In the PC world we have the expectation that patches will come out; it is one of the bonuses if things go wrong.

For cartridge/cd games - testing must be 100% or game returns will quickly sink it. You can't assume an Xbox or Ps3 will be hooked up to the Internet. Ever.

trellheim wrote: »
    For cartridge/cd games - testing must be 100% or game returns will quickly sink it. You can't assume an Xbox or Ps3 will be hooked up to the Internet. Ever.

Dude thats the most ignorant statement i've heard in a long while, you also can't assume PCs will be hooked up to the internet. I know plenty of people with the PC and no net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Have you tried clearing the cache anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

why would he do that? he already knows everything.

he wasn't asking for help in any of his posts (and he certainly hasn't taken any advice), he was just ranting.

just finished COD4 on the PS3 the other day, didn't have any freezing. come to think of it I've had the PS3 since launch day and despite it getting a regular hammering it's only ever locked up twice since i got it. I was going to get assassins creed at the weekend too, will have to see how that goes. ;)

now where's my red rag gone?

Advertisement