Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Non-iPhone phones as music players?

• 19-11-2007 12:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭

For a few reasons, the iPhone isn't for me. Mainly the fact that it's bill only. But I've been an iPod user (depender) for ages. Looking for a new phone for Christmas and was just thinking about the possibility of combining two gadgets into one.

Are there any credible alternatives to having both a an mp3 player and a phone? I know some phones kind of do it but last time I looked, about 18 months ago, nothing really looked all that impressive... Does anyone here do it succesfully?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Sony Ericsson walkman range are excellent.

Or pretty much any of the new SE phones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭laoisfan

hi

maybe take a look at the Sony Ericsson range of Walkman phones. i find them very good for playing mp3 and as a phone they are fine (they allow you to make/receive calls/txts...what more do you want...lol).

i have an SE W810i on meteor and quality is fine. not sure about other brands as SE is the only one i have used for mp3.

--laoisfan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

cheers guys

I've heard that alright about Sonyericssons. As regards, ripping from CD etc, the software is handy enough to use yeah?

One thing I like is bein able to download music on mobile. Couldn't believe it when I found out iPhone doesn't do this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭slegs

some of the newer SE phones like the 850i take microSD cards also along with Sony M2 cards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭nikimere

I'd be fairly confident the iPhone will be unlocked to take any simcard before xmas. If music is your main attraction i'd go for an iPhone. Especially if your an iTunes user.

• Advertisement
Advertisement