Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WOW trading card game in Ireland

Options
  • 19-11-2007 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

Anytime I try ordering the heroes of azeroth starter pack from amazon.co.uk or play.com. It says they can't ship to my address only UK addresses. Does anyone know why this is ? and could someone recommened a website that will ship the playing cards to Ireland or are they available in forbidden planet.

Are they going to offically launch over here ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

forbidden planet used to get them, as did game, hmv and another comic shop up by george's street i forget the name of. this was about a year ago, no idea if they still do

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Depending on what you're after them for you could get them off Ebay if all else fails. If you're looking for the loot cards or for just playing them its well worth getting them off ebay. You just have to make sure that the loot cards are new and unscratched. I myself got a rest and relaxation card for about 14 euro on a whim a couple of months ago. Its a lot of fun having something that Ive never seen anyone else on my server have and the reaction of people when I put it up.
    But if you're getting them for The UDE points its probably best not to because most of the normal cards that are going round on ebay have the code already used, obviously there are some new sealed cards going around aswell though like.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Are these the cards that are at the front desk of HMV on henry street? (downstairs in gaming section :P)
    Cause i really just want to buy a pck so i can get some mint mount or something like that. What are the offical name of the gaming cards? World of Warcraft trading cards?

Turtle mount ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

Haha fair enough :P My mate bought 3 boxes last year between 4 of him and his friends, 15 cards per pack, 24 per box (i think maybe 20). I was the only person to get a loot card, and that was only the bananas pet monkey :P Well good luck on getting it i will agree it would be amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Each set includes 3 loot cards. These loot cards have a "scratchable" surface, that when scratched away reveal a code. You then go to www.ude.com and input the code, then you get a new code that you input into wow.

Once a set is discontinued, as is the case with original set which included the turtle mount, the frost tabard and the hippogryph pet, they become very difficult to get.

I currently have a hippogryph pet and frost tabard loot card that I am holding on to. Hopefully to sell someday and make lots of moola, but more than likely to waste away in a box in my room somewhere.

The turtle mount and the spectral lynx mount are now considered "ultra rare", originally there was about a 1 in 400 chance of opening a loot card. That translates into about 1 in a box of cards (roughly €100 per box if you get them cost/bulk price).

Recently, a friend of mine or I guess I should say ex-friend these days :o, paid approx €500 on ebay for the spectral lynx, the ogre suit and some other loot cards.

Expect the lynx and the turtle mount to go for about 250-300 quid each.

Hope this has enlightened you all :D

• Advertisement

Ivan wrote: »
    Each set includes 3 loot cards. These loot cards have a "scratchable" surface, that when scratched away reveal a code. You then go to www.ude.com and input the code, then you get a new code that you input into wow.

Once a set is discontinued, as is the case with original set which included the turtle mount, the frost tabard and the hippogryph pet, they become very difficult to get.

I currently have a hippogryph pet and frost tabard loot card that I am holding on to. Hopefully to sell someday and make lots of moola, but more than likely to waste away in a box in my room somewhere.

The turtle mount and the spectral lynx mount are now considered "ultra rare", originally there was about a 1 in 400 chance of opening a loot card. That translates into about 1 in a box of cards (roughly €100 per box if you get them cost/bulk price).

Think you have some of your information messed up, and some of it is quite frankly lies. You don't get frost tabard as a loot card you get it from cashing in 2000 UDE points, which is the equivalent of buying 20 booster packs, so you cant actually have a card of it.

The actual number of loot cards is about 1 in 50 packs or so.
    The spectral tiger was always more expensive even when it was in print simply because it was rarer than most of the others, You could expect to pay 300-400 euro easily for one. Turtle mounts are about 50 quid on ebay at the moment.
    Recently, a friend of mine or I guess I should say ex-friend these days :o, paid approx €500 on ebay for the spectral lynx, the ogre suit and some other loot cards.
    Unfortunately he could not have bought the Ogre suit card because it does not exist, to get the Ogre suit trinket you have to cash in UDE points obtained from each booster pack, You need to cash in 25000 points to obtain it. Which is 250 booster packs, depending on how much you get each booster pack for its going to cost a few hundred euro at least.

Theres plenty of cards floating around if you want to get one, If you are set on getting a loot card and don't really want to bother with the game your better off getting one from ebay for maybe 10-15 euro, with some of the older ones slightly more expensive like the turtle mount for maybe 50-60euro and Thunderhead hippogryph for 30-40 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Faylum

Can anyone tell me where exactly they use to sell these in dublin. I mean this sounds excellent, i cant trust tho buying them off people on Ebay, considering they may have already used them. Wow is the only game where scams are almost everyday and i dont want to add my name to that ever growing list :P

If i was to buy a full box of cards, first of all how much would i be looking at in terms of money.
    And secondly am i Guaranteed a Loot card if i buy a box, or is it like the old football cards, you buy a pack and never know whats inside?
    Also how does this point system work?

And last thing is are the other cards useless or do they have something of value aswell as the loot cards?

Faylum wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where exactly they use to sell these in dublin. I mean this sounds excellent, i cant trust tho buying them off people on Ebay, considering they may have already used them. Wow is the only game where scams are almost everyday and i dont want to add my name to that ever growing list :P
    While its true that there is a lot of scammers who play wow, as long as you're somewhat experienced with ebay you shouldn't have any problems. There is a chance that you could be scammed but its the same as any other ebay item. Just make sure if you're buying a loot card that its advertised as unscratched and new, and buy from a seller with a good reputation.
    If i was to buy a full box of cards, first of all how much would i be looking at in terms of money.
    Really depends on if you can get them at cost price or if you're going to be getting them one by one in a shop. should be only a euro or two each pack so maybe 20-30 euro for a box.
    And secondly am i Guaranteed a Loot card if i buy a box, or is it like the old football cards, you buy a pack and never know whats inside?
    It is random AFAIK so you are not guaranteed a loot card if you buy a box, there is a good chance you would get one but its not certain.
    Also how does this point system work?
    The points system works by there being 1 UDE points card in every pack, each one of these cards is worth 100 points. The points can be used to buy different in game items and some real life items. Examples of some of the in game items are the frost tabard for 2000 UDE points (20 packs) or the perpetual purple firework for 3000 UDE points (30 packs).
    And last thing is are the other cards useless or do they have something of value aswell as the loot cards?
    Well the point in the trading card game is to play it, other than that no not really.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Think you have some of your information messed up, and some of it is quite frankly lies. You don't get frost tabard as a loot card you get it from cashing in 2000 UDE points, which is the equivalent of buying 20 booster packs, so you cant actually have a card of it.

The actual number of loot cards is about 1 in 50 packs or so.
    The spectral tiger was always more expensive even when it was in print simply because it was rarer than most of the others, You could expect to pay 300-400 euro easily for one. Turtle mounts are about 50 quid on ebay at the moment.

Unfortunately he could not have bought the Ogre suit card because it does not exist, to get the Ogre suit trinket you have to cash in UDE points obtained from each booster pack, You need to cash in 25000 points to obtain it. Which is 250 booster packs, depending on how much you get each booster pack for its going to cost a few hundred euro at least.

Theres plenty of cards floating around if you want to get one, If you are set on getting a loot card and don't really want to bother with the game your better off getting one from ebay for maybe 10-15 euro, with some of the older ones slightly more expensive like the turtle mount for maybe 50-60euro and Thunderhead hippogryph for 30-40 euro.
    You are right, it wasnt the Frost tabard, it was the Flame tabard which is a loot card, my mistake.

I didnt say she got an Ogre suit card, just that she got the Ogre suit as part of the deal. I'm sorry if my arbitrary values assigned to the cards are incorrect, but the last I checked, which was some time ago the Turtle mount was going for quite a bit more and I dont regularly check Ebay for something I have no interest in buying or selling.

And at 24 boosters per box, I may have been somewhat out but that was the estimated amount by virtue of the fact that I bought 9 boxes and got several loot cards.

Lies, I dont think so, misinformed; perhaps. I dont appreciate the insinuations though...

I didnt say she got an Ogre suit card, just that she got the Ogre suit as part of the deal.
    This might be my just scewed view of the English language but your original statement implied that he got them all as loot cards.
    paid approx €500 on ebay for the spectral lynx, the ogre suit and some other loot cards.
    The bold part implies that what you said previous to it was also a loot card.
    I'm sorry if my arbitrary values assigned to the cards are incorrect, but the last I checked, which was some time ago the Turtle mount was going for quite a bit more and I dont regularly check Ebay for something I have no interest in buying or selling.
    Apologies if it seemed like I was attacking you over the price of the cards going around, I was trying to display my views of the prices for the benefit of the OP and not meaning to insult you in any way.
    Lies, I dont think so, misinformed; perhaps. I dont appreciate the insinuations though...
    As a fellow WOW player you must come across as many of the people who claim they own the world and can't back it up, hopefully you will forgive me for my slightly over zealous accusations.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I have never head of these before. What a great idea by blizzard. It's amazing what you can convince addicts to spend money on. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Forbidden Planet in the City Centre do them.

Advertisement