Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adventures in Low-Carb Land

Options
  • 19-11-2007 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭

Context:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055184394

I thought my diet was fairly decent from a fat-loss perspective and for someone who works out with weights 2-3 times per week. In fact it was very high-carb and low protein and lacking in nutrients (healthy fats, veg, etc.) I couldn't see the wood for the trees and I'd like to say thanks to all the guys who replied to that thread.

My goal:

To lose all my belly fat. I have had belly fat for the past 6-7 years and I am sick of it. I just want it all to go away and have decided that is what is going to happen. I have been working out with weights regularly and seriously since early June 2007 and have built up extra muscle mass, no question. However there is still fat covering my muscles. I rely on the mirror and the tightness of my jeans as progress indicators. I want to see a significant change in the run up to Christmas. I want to be able to marvel at myself in the mirror on Christmas morning!

How I plan to do it:

Low carb, high protein, while maintaining my current training levels. Cutting out all junk and minimising carb intake - limiting it to oats and veg as much as possible. Essentially, I am the classic meso/endomorph body type - I put on fat very easily and put on muscle very easily. I have a strong preference for starchy carbs but feel I really need to change my current diet choices if I am to make quicker and more significant progress.

The plan:

A sample day will look like this:

Breakfast: Porridge w/protein shake
    Mid-morning snack: Cashew/peanuts or some other sort of nuts
    Lunch: Meat with Veg, or fish.
    Mid-afternoon snack - more nuts

Training @ approx 6-7 pm for 1 hour

Post-workout: Protein shake with banana or some other fruit
    and/or
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Ryvita with peanut butter

Supplements:

Cod liver oil capsules

LOTS of water

Booze: moderate intake

I will post a full description of my first day (today) with fitness work details tomorrow morning.

I welcome your comments and thanks in advance for your support....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

celestial wrote: »

A sample day will look like this:

Breakfast: Porridge w/protein shake
    Mid-morning snack: Cashew/peanuts or some other sort of nuts
    Lunch: Meat with Veg, or fish.
    Mid-afternoon snack - more nuts

Training @ approx 6-7 pm for 1 hour

Post-workout: Protein shake with banana or some other fruit
    and/or
    Tuna
    Eggs
    Ryvita with peanut butter

Where is your preworkout meal ??
    Supplements:

Cod liver oil capsules

LOTS of water

Booze: moderate intake
    Im sorry to have to break this to you but while many of have tried to justify it as such Booze is not a supplement :D cut it out completely Christmas isn’t that long to wait.;)

Good luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To help the low-carb dieting, you're best to cut out alcohol completely for a period of time as well as tea and coffee.

by the way for low carbing a great aid is the bags of green isle frozen veg , normally sold at two for two fifty , at half a bag a portion that’s four portions for only 2.50 ;), also Lidel’s do frozen tuna steaks that are rely handy they come in packs of 2 each one individually wrapped which is handy because they stay fresh after you defrost them for at least 3 days ., and don’t forget your low fat cottage cheese it’s a nice slow digesting protein.

Im low carbing at the moment my self (I just restarted today :rolleyes:) So I know what your going threw (wow that made it sound so terrible) once your body settles into it you will find it easy as hell to go without all the extra carbs but you have to be strict with them or else you could find your self on a bit of a carb binge:(, the first week you will notice a decent weight drop:) this is the water weight :(, just try and make sure you stay hydrated If I recall correctly it’s .5 of an ounce per kilo of body weight + extra for exercise

Ps
    If you have ever gotten gas from your protein shake and thought it was bad , just weight until you get it form the low carb high protein diet they will strip the paint off a wall at 20 feet:D

dudara wrote: »
    To help the low-carb dieting, you're best to cut out alcohol completely for a period of time as well as tea and coffee.

coffee, I dont cut it out I just drink it black and plain ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭celestial

Monday 19 November

Breakfast:

1 small bowl of porridge
    1 60kg protein shake with water

Mid-morning snack:

salted cashew nuts

Lunch:

Two slices of roast lamb with vegetables (carrots, peas)
    1 bottle of water

Mid-afternoon snack:

salted cashew nuts

Evening meal 6.30pm:

Was in a rush to meet a friend and couldn't put back the time, so only managed to grab a few pieces of roast chicken with lettuce plus 1 Ryvita with butter. Also had a banana.

1 vitamin C tablet in water.

Then, a transgression - had 1 pint of beer with a small packet of bacon fries (was starving)

10pm: 2 eggs with the rest of the packet of roast chicken pieces

END

Not the best start to the plan due to unforseen circumstances but Tuesday will be better!

• Advertisement

1 60kg protein shake with water

Dude!!!! If that’s not a typo your seriously HARDCORE !!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Not the best start to the plan due to unforseen circumstances but Tuesday will be better!

No it's not the best start but as you said tuesday will be better;)it will take you a few days but once you get there , there will be no stopping you :cool:

Dude!!!! If that’s not a typo your seriously HARDCORE !!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Ha yeah I love my protein I do :eek:

Cheers for the support.

Tuesday 20 November

Breakfast:

1 full bowl of porridge
    60g protein shake with water

Mid-morning snack:

Salted cashew nuts

Lunch:

Salad. 2 slices ham, 2 slices turkey, small portion of tuna, 5-6 boiled egg pieces, lettuce, peas.
    1 bottle of water

Mid-afternoon snack:

Natural organic plain yoghurt.
    Salted cashew nuts
    Small packet of dried nuts and fruits

Pre-workout: Didn't have anything apart from the mid-afternoon snack, so was lacking somewhat in energy in the gym. Will ensure to have enough before I go next time.

Post-workout:

1 carton (medium size) of Avonmore fresh vegetable soup
    2 Ryvitas with butter
    12 pieces of roast chicken (the same kind as Monday 20 November)

END

Workout:

20 minutes on treadmill at a moderate- fast pace with 2 intervals (i.e. working at 80-90% of max for 2 minutes during this time. Didn't have enough energy to do as much as I wanted and started getting a stitch 15-20 minutes in.

Weights - 2 sets incline d-bell bench press x 10 reps @ 32 kg
    3 sets d-bell bench press x 8-10 reps @32 kg

Again, if I had have eaten properly beforehand I would have done more.

Comments:

This low-carbing is not the nightmare some might say it is! I know it is early days but not missing bread at all!!! Or milk or cereal. Or sugary peanut butter. The only thing is that it does seem restrictive, but that's because I'm just starting out and will expand my range of choices as I go on.

Oh and if you want to read a great article on low-carbing and fat loss, and which encapsulates what I am pursuing, check out the link below:

As ever, your comments are welcome!!!

http://fitstreet.blogspot.com/2007/04/accelerate-your-body-fat-loss.html

Wednesday 21 November

Breakfast:

1 bowl porridge with a little salt
    1 60g protein shake with water

Mid-morning snack:

1 banana
    1 cup of green tea

Lunch:

1 large cup minestrone soup (filled me up nicely - soup is great:)
    1 fillet chicken
    piece of lettuce

(food wasn't great at all at work, got some pork skewers but they weren't good:(

Mid-afternoon snack:

small handful of dried bananas and small handful of pecan nuts

Dinner:

Chicken pieces in some sort of cinnamon/mint sauce with peas
    More chicken pieces (6-7) of roast chicken with small tin of baked beans
    4 Ryvitas with butter

Then...

1 shortbread bar with strawberry jam (as I was still hungry and knew I was going to have...
    4 pints...:eek:

(I was out in town and this week is my birthday, so I'm doing my best but bear with me this week;)

11.30 pm - 3 Ryvitas with butter (perfect post-drinking nosh...:p

No training today as I was out meeting someone - Friday will be my next session and it will be a hard one.

I also thought I should add that since I gave up bread, milk and cereals (essentially all grains) just four days ago:

I am less tired and lethargic during my working day
    I no longer have this insatiable thirst I normally get during the morning after eating cereal (even if it was just sugar-free Alpen) and a milk and fruit smoothie.
    I go to the loo less, especially after lunch where I would be practically running there after a meal with starchy carbs, often followed by a sugary yoghurt.

All in all I feel better in myself, feel a lot 'lighter' going around the place and have NO HEARTBURN WHATSOEVER!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Wednesday 21 November

Breakfast:

Mid-morning snack:

1 banana
    1 cup of green tea

Ditch the bananna, sugar and not that much fibre, replace with a green veg or something.

Lunch:

1 fillet chicken
    piece of lettuce

(food wasn't great at all at work, got some pork skewers but they weren't good:(

Mid-afternoon snack:

Dinner:

4 Ryvitas with butter

Ok soup is questionable intake for someone low carbing and beans have a nice bit of sugar in them, I would ditch both. Believe me I know how hard it is (food preparation wise) to low carb it, I have been doing it for 6 weeks but you have to constantly improve week to week what you are eating. This week has been poor for me as i bought Call of Duty 4 for the xbox 360 so I spend all my spare time at that. I have neglected meal prep as a result I have had to use a lot of the same foods day in day out.
    Then...

1 shortbread bar with strawberry jam (as I was still hungry and knew I was going to have...

(I was out in town and this week is my birthday, so I'm doing my best but bear with me this week;)

11.30 pm - 3 Ryvitas with butter (perfect post-drinking nosh...:p

No training today as I was out meeting someone - Friday will be my next session and it will be a hard one.

You know this is bad but do you really have to sacrafice a whole week for your birthday

Also do the weights before the cardio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I also thought I should add that since I gave up bread, milk and cereals (essentially all grains) just four days ago:

I am less tired and lethargic during my working day
    I no longer have this insatiable thirst I normally get during the morning after eating cereal (even if it was just sugar-free Alpen) and a milk and fruit smoothie.
    I go to the loo less, especially after lunch where I would be practically running there after a meal with starchy carbs, often followed by a sugary yoghurt.

All in all I feel better in myself, feel a lot 'lighter' going around the place and have NO HEARTBURN WHATSOEVER!!

My personal favourite aspect of low carbing is a complete lack of bloating. I have a slightly distended belly at the best of times but on low carbs its nearly flat.

Also being even energy wise throughout the day is sweet.

Another piece of advice is stop having carbs post workout. Your goal is fat loss. If I were Hanley and wanted recovery for strength gains or a BB'er and wanted size gains then carbs would definitely be there post work out. You want fat loss so that little boost to fat loss is probably more important than improved recovery. This is your call though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Jebus lad, is this your interpreation of low-carbing??! :eek: Lower carbing compared to what it used to be perhaps... everything in bold is moderate to high carbs.
    Wednesday 21 November

Breakfast:

Mid-morning snack:

1 banana
    1 cup of green tea

Lunch:

1 fillet chicken
    piece of lettuce

Mid-afternoon snack:

Dinner:

4 Ryvitas with butter

Then...

11.30 pm - 3 Ryvitas with butter

The "low-carb" term gets bandied about quite a bit these days, and it's grossly misinterpreted.

Low-carb = less than 30g of carbs a day. This equates to about two cups of vegetables. No ryvita, no bananas, and definitely no booze!!

e.g. breakfast = eggs + meat
    snack = nuts & veg sticks/ protein shake
    lunch = salad + fish
    snack = as before
    dinner = veg + meat
    snack = cottage cheese & flax

That doesn't mean to say that your diet is bad, it isn't, but get some more protein and good fats into you. 60g of protein in one shake isn't particulalry efficient to be honest, you're better off spreading intake throughout the day. Vegeta is doing really well with a low-carb diet at the moment so you might want to look at his journal.

g'em wrote: »
    Jebus lad, is this your interpreation of low-carbing??! :eek: Lower carbing compared to what it used to be perhaps... everything in bold is moderate to high carbs.

The "low-carb" term gets bandied about quite a bit these days, and it's grossly misinterpreted.

Low-carb = less than 30g of carbs a day. This equates to about two cups of vegetables. No ryvita, no bananas, and definitely no booze!!

e.g. breakfast = eggs + meat
    snack = nuts & veg sticks/ protein shake
    lunch = salad + fish
    snack = as before
    dinner = veg + meat
    snack = cottage cheese & flax

That doesn't mean to say that your diet is bad, it isn't, but get some more protein and good fats into you. 60g of protein in one shake isn't particulalry efficient to be honest, you're better off spreading intake throughout the day. Vegeta is doing really well with a low-carb diet at the moment so you might want to look at his journal.

Cheers g'em.

I have tried eating eggs for breakfast before, but always ended up hungry again mid-morning and, worse still, sluggish and unable to concentrate without some carbs in the morning. So what I am aiming for is to limit grains to breakfast only. That means a bowl of porridge to kick start me in the morning and keep me going. Also, I figure the morning time is the best time to have grains, if I am going to have any.

The Ryvitas I intend to cut out - seem to be using them a substitute to wean me off bread...

Also, think I will substitute bananas for apples (low GI) - what you think? Or maybe carrot sticks/more nuts

Now, minestrone soup - what's wrong with that? It's veg + water with no added sugar as far as I know (it's not out of a packet)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I have tried eating eggs for breakfast before, but always ended up hungry again mid-morning and, worse still, sluggish and unable to concentrate without some carbs in the morning.
    really? I've found the exact opposite. After going between eggs and porridge for months I found that it was purely a comfort thing that kept me on the oats. Eggs keep me full up for hours and I love them taste-wise too.
    celestial wrote:
    I figure the morning time is the best time to have grains, if I am going to have any.
    well you're bang on there
    celestial wrote:
    The Ryvitas I intend to cut out - seem to be using them a substitute to wean me off bread...
    drop them now. none of this weaning malarky, that's for babies (literally :D)
    celestial wrote:
    Also, think I will substitute bananas for apples (low GI) - what you think? Or maybe carrot sticks/more nuts
    there's nothing wrong with fruit - it's great stuff altogether, but if you're low-carbing there's no room for it. If you enjoy eating it, it prevents you from snacking on junk, and it's not hindering your weight loss then why change it?
    celestial wrote:
    Now, minestrone soup - what's wrong with that? It's veg + water with no added sugar as far as I know (it's not out of a packet)?
    if it's homemade, well-made and nutritious, see the reasoning behind the fruit ;)

Thursday 22 November:

Breakfast:

Porridge with honey

Mid-morning snack:

banana

Lunch:

Turkey with stuffing and steak burger. Small amount of potato mash
    1 bottle of water

Mid-afternoon snack:

Half and apple with mixed nuts

Evening: Birthday drinks with assorted chicken wings, cocktail sausages....say nothing!!

END

Today I am back on the straight and narrow and will be hitting the gym hard after work.

OK so I didn't cover myself in glory over the weekend but I did get some training in:

Friday 23 November:

Breakfast:

Porridge
    60g protein shake

Mid-morning:

Nuts

Lunch:

Small portion of vegetable soup
    Pork
    Veg

Mid-afternoon:

More nuts

Training:

7 min warm up on treadmill
    4 sets dumbbell bench press @36kg (total)
    4 sets incline dumbbell bench press @36kg (total)
    1 set dumbbell military press @24kg (total)

Post-workout and rest of evening:

60g protein shake
    Chicken pieces
    3-5 Ryvitas with butter
    2 boiled eggs
    some raw peanuts

ENDS

Saturday 24 November:

Bit scattered today altogether

Morning: Bowl of porridge

Lunch: Got up late but was still hungry even after the porridge, mainly due to the training the previous night + not eating much after the training and on Friday night generally.

Lunch was a bacon and egg crepe with cup black tea and bottle water

2.00 pm 7 mile fast walk around town (if you think of walking pace on a 10 point scale, I was at 8 for the entire journey, except for stopping just twice at traffic lights.

4.30 pm Absolutely ravenous when I got home so just bought a chicken pizza and had that (post-recovery so hope most of it went towards replenishing my glucose stores :)

1 banana
    3 Ryvitas

Was going to a party that night.

Had barely 4 cans of beer and half a glass of vodka on the rocks. Went to pub after it but drank no alcohol (just water and glass of coke).

3 Ryvitas when I got home (few months ago would have gone to Mickey D's..;)

ENDS

Sunday 25 November:

So, over the past while I feel I really have been under-eating somewhat. This is due to the fact that I am still figuring out a good eating plan for myself, divorced from bread/pasta/ other assorted grains.

So I felt I needed to kickstart my metabolism with a cheat day..I had a spicy chicken baguette with can of fanta, plus some fried chicken and chips later in the day. I know, I know - but it was a cheat day and will only happen very rarely.

Incidentally one point is very worthy of note and nothing short of a revelation for me:

I DO NOT MISS BREAD ONE LITTLE BIT:D:D

This is hugely significant because this was the one food I thought I couldn't survive without!! Seriously! I thought that I would actually go hungry without it and was so reliant on it. Now I don't eat it at all and I don't even like the thought of it. Transform referred to it as 'stodge' in a related thread and now I can see what he meant!!

So this week has started clean and I'm feeling great.

Monday 26 November:

Breakfast:

Porridge

Mid-morning snack:

Almonds, Brazil nuts, about 4-5 raisins (I know they're high GI)

Lunch:

Chicken + veg

Mid-afternoon:

Two plain-ish Weightwatchers yoghurts plus nuts

Pre-training:

Chomped down two sugary Special-K bars as was running out the door, really needed the energy and knew I was gonna burn them off - I'll go with fruit or something next time.

Workout:

7 mins warm up run on treadmill
    25 push-ups (regular)
    5 - 6 sets of weighted dumbbell squat/push-ups combos - these involve doing 10 push-ups of any variety, followed straight away by 10-15 weighted squats with dumbbells (I used 12kg in each hand). Rinse and repeat. Trust me, if you want to work hard and sweat - do these.
    2 sets of 7-10 reps barbell bench press @40kg (know I can do more weight, but arms were pretty fatigued)
    2 sets of 7-9 reps of bicep curls with 12kg in each hand (again, arms kinda fatigued)
    2 sets of 12 reps tricep dips
    2 sets of 8 reps lat pull downs @70kg

Post-workout:

Half bottle Innocent apple + banana smoothie
    3 boiled eggs
    3 Ryvitas with butter
    10g protein shake with water

The above filled me up nicely!

ENDS

Tuesday 27 November

Breakfast:

Porridge

Mid-morning snack:

Cup of tea, Nuts, half a weightwatchers strawberry yoghurt

Lunch:

Turkey breast with gravy and stuffing, lasagne, peas
    bottle of water

Mid-afternoon snack

Nuts

Pre-workout

Half bottle Innocent smoothie

Training:

15 minutes rower at moderate-fast pace
    2k run on treadmill (just under 14 minutes)
    10 min exercise bike at moderate pace

Post-workout:

Tuna with spicy chicken pieces, low-fat mayo, 2 Ryvitas with butter
    Piece of lettuce
    Cup of tea
    10g protein shake with water

Any idea how many calories that is??! I should work it out but I think it must be no more than 2000kcal.

Ok so playing catch-up with this...don't want to disappoint my readers..:D

Wednesday 28 November

Was a standard clean eating, hard-training day for me.

Breakfast:

Porridge
    Protein shake with water

Mid-morning

Nuts

Lunch

Veg + meat

Mid-afternoon:

Nuts, plain yoghurt, water

Pre-workout:

Half an Innocent smoothie
    1 special K bar (2 minutes before getting on treadmill)

Training:

Memory's a bit hazy but here's what it looked like roughly:
    approx 7-10 mins treadmill jogging

~30 push-ups
    Dumbbell bench press:
    2 sets x 8-10 reps @40kg (20kg in each hand - new personal best)
    2 sets x 8-10 reps @36kg

Incline db press:
    2 sets x 8-10 reps @40kg

Decline db press:
    2 sets x 10 reps @32kg

DB Bicep curls:
    Tired arms: 2 sets x 8 reps @24 kg

Tricep dips:
    2 sets x 15 reps

Tricep pull-downs:
    2 sets x 8 reps @50kg (or bit more, can't remember)

Treadmill:
    1 k run in approx 9 mins
    1 min cool down

Post-workout/evening:

Protein shake
    1 boiled egg
    Tuna with fresh barbecue chicken pieces
    3 Ryvitas with butter

ENDS

Thursday 29 November:

More or less same as Wednesday except had a little potato mash with lunch (which was Shepherd's pie, and a chicken fillet)

Also had work party that night which meant several pints plus finger food (cocktail sausages, etc).

Friday 30 November:

Not so good...had cheese and bacon croissant round lunchtime plus a few jam tarts with cup of tea...cheat day!

Had oven chips with chicken in breadcrumbs (also oven baked)
    1 or 2 petit filous yoghurts (the mini-ones)

Small glass of Tropicana OJ

ENDS

Saturday 1 December

Breakfast

Porridge with a little water and milk
    Two slices of wholegrain brown bread with butter only

Lunch:

2 small tins of tuna with slice of wholegrain brown bread with butter only
    10 minute run/fast walk

Evening:

4 fried sausages with small portion of beans and slice wholemeal brown bread

10 minutes run/fast walk

2 slices wholegrain brown bread with ham
    3 cans Heineken
    2 slices of toast (1 with 6 thin oven chips) wholegrain brown bread

Sunday 2 December 2007

Breakfast:

1 slice wholemeal brown bread toasted with butter
    cup of black tea

Dinner:

Roast chicken with small amount of potato with peas

Evening:

7.30 pm- 2 slices wheatgrain bread (no wholegrain available) with chicken leftover from dinner

9.30 pm- 3 Ryvitas with butter, handful of cashew/mixed nuts

Training: 40 push-ups before breakfast (1 set x 20, 2 sets x 10)

ENDS

• Advertisement

Monday 3 December

Standard day:

40 push-ups before breakfast (approx 4 sets x 10)

Breakfast:

Porridge with water and little milk
    Protein shake with water 10g

Mid-morning

Plain yoghurt
    Nuts

Lunch:

Chicken fillet with small amount of veg and lettuce

Mid-afternoon:

Actually ate very little at lunch so had slice of wheatgrain bread with bacon and chicken
    More nuts

Pre-training:

Innocent smoothie (apples, oranges, pineapples) with two special K raspberry flavour bars

Post-training:

Portion of tuna with 2 turkey slices and 3 Ryvitas with butter
    2 cups of black tea

Training (45 mins):

5 min cycle warm up

100 push-ups of different varieties, alternating between the following:

Swiss-ball decline
    Swiss-ball incline (where you press down on ball)
    Incline (toes propped up on aerobics board, bout a foot high)
    Decline (same, but decline)
    regular push-ups

I also alternated the above with weighted squats
    4 sets x 10 reps with 12kg dumbbell in each hand

5 min cycle cool down

now that was an intense workout!

Progress update:

I have noticed since the weekend that, quite remarkably, I have lost some more fat and can defo pinch less round my belly. Looking in the mirror I defo look leaner and am getting more definition on my abdomen.

Monday 3 December
    Protein shake with water 10g
    Only 10g protein !! far too little , I aim for at least 40 in the morning a tub of low fat cottage chese has 22ish and is as handy as it comes toss in the protein powder , oats and mix :D
    Innocent smoothie (apples, oranges, pineapples) with two special K raspberry flavour bars

smoothie's are a poor substaute for whole fruit (all the cals none of the fibre)
    as for the special K bars I know the taste great but are not good for you :(

Progress update:
    I have noticed since the weekend that, quite remarkably, I have lost some more fat and can defo pinch less round my belly. Looking in the mirror I defo look leaner and am getting more definition on my abdomen.

Congrats , it's nice to see progress :D your doing well now just keep going ;)

Only 10g protein !! far too little , I aim for at least 40 in the morning a tub of low fat cottage chese has 22ish and is as handy as it comes toss in the protein powder , oats and mix :D

smoothie's are a poor substaute for whole fruit (all the cals none of the fibre)

Congrats , it's nice to see progress :D your doing well now just keep going ;)

I think it was actually more, more like 20g protein.

Re smoothies/Special K - just a case of preparation - I didn't have a banana to hand but will next time!

Cheers for the encouragement, I like to get comments:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

if you are throwing in whole fruit what is the difference? im not saying your wrong just wondering why

Does anyone know why this board knocks you out five mins after you log in??! Know it's a security feature probably but sheesh it's annoying if you leave it for any length of time!!!

Tuesday 4 December

Breakfast:

Porridge with water
    45-50g protein shake with water

Mid-morning:

Plain yoghurt and nuts

Lunch:

Meat + veg

Mid-afternoon:

Nuts, a banana

Evening:

Was going out for a couple drinks:rolleyes:
    Pizza + 30g approx protein shake with water
    2 pints

Night (11.20 pm)
    2 Ryvitas with butter

ENDS

No training but will be training tonight (either weights+cardio or mixed martial arts)

Does anyone know why this board knocks you out five mins after you log in??! Know it's a security feature probably but sheesh it's annoying if you leave it for any length of time!!!

Thats weird I havent had to log in in months :confused:

if you are throwing in whole fruit what is the difference? im not saying your wrong just wondering why
    if it's homemade and all you put in is whole fruit it's fine but alot of the premade ones arnt all whole fruit

if it's homemade and all you put in is whole fruit it's fine but alot of the premade ones arnt all whole fruit

Well I only ever have innocent smoothies which are pure fruit of course, but I agree that whole fruit is preferable for the simple reason that absorption of sugar will be slower than with liquid.

Wednesday 5 December

Breakfast:

Porridge
    Protein shake with water 50g

Mid-morning:

Plain yoghurt

Lunch:

Meat + veg

Mid-afternoon and pre-workout:

Nuts. Ham and cheese sandwich on wheatgrain bread (wouldn't normally eat this but was still hungry after lunch, lunch wasn't great and didn't eat enough)

Post-workout:

3 eggs with 2 Ryvitas with butter
    50g protein shake

Training:

7-8 minutes running on treadmill
    30 decline Swiss ball push ups
    10 incline Swiss ball push ups
    2 sets x approx 10 reps dbell bench press @36kg (18kg in each hand)
    2 sets x approx 8-10 reps bent over rows @36kg (18kg in each hand)
    2 sets x approx 8-10 reps dbell squats @36kg (18kg in each hand)
    20 minute cycle at medium-high intensity on exercise bike

ENDS

Catch-up time...

Thursday 6 December

Usual dealio-

Breakfast:

Porridge
    40g protein shake with water

Mid-morning:

Plain yoghurt
    Banana
    Nuts

Lunch:

Turkey with chorizo sausage and small potato

Mid-afternoon:

Nuts

Evening:

Was heading to a party so needed something substantial and quick-
    Plate of wholegrain pasta with tomato sauce and bacon

Party - 4 cans Heineken, 1 bottle beer, couple shots
    Some Pringles, tortillas etc

Afterwards: Starving, Burger King Meal :eek::eek:

Friday 7 December:

Late breakfast:

Protein shake 55g
    Porridge

Mid-afternoon:

Snack box from chipper..needed the grease and soakage for what was to come...:p

Night:

At a party so plenty of beer although food was good and included rice with chicken and beef with mash potato

Afterwards:

Pistachio nuts and water when I got home.

Saturday 8 December:

Late breakfast:

Protein shake 55g with water
    3 Ryvitas

2 fast 25 minute walks outdoors

Mid-afternoon:

Oven chips with oven baked chicken with breadcrumbs + beans

Later that night:

Koka noodles, Rhubard flavour yoghurt
    3-4 wholemeal crackers, 3 Fig rolls

Lets just call the past two days my carb-up kick my metabolism in the arse days, okay:)

Observations:

Energy levels through the roof (came home Fri night after two late nights on beer and was only as tired as I'd be after a hard day at work - which isn't that tired at all)
    Zero heartburn, less flatulence!
    Flab is defo falling off me
    Got on scales on Saturday and am 13 stone bang on - that's down from 13 and a half stone last time I checked a couple weeks ago. Should be almost all fat loss as am heavy weight training week in, week out and keeping protein levels up.

• Advertisement

Sunday 9 December

approx 40-50 push-ups throughout the day, 25 first thing in the morning. Alternating between incline (feet on bed) and regular push-ups.

Breakfast:

Toasted wholegrain bread with butter and little marmalade (2 slices)
    1 cup tea
    1 small glass Tropicana OJ

Dinner:

Sirloin steak with small amount of potato mash with gravy and butter
    Sweetcorn and peas

Mid-afternoon:

1 cup black tea, 1 fig roll

Evening:

1 egg, 1 slice toasted wholegrain bread with butter

Later evening:

400g natural yoghurt
    half packet dry roasted peanuts