Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

second hand bookshops in limerick city

Options
  • 19-11-2007 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

hey all. im just wondering if anyone could tell me if theres any second hand bookshops in town..
    im be delighted if ye could help me out. if ye know a few tell me them all and where they are located! thaks a million :D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Generally Limerick isn't as good for second hand book shops as Dublin or Cork (or even Galway due to Charlie Byrnes) but there is a few around.

There's one on little Catherine st, just around the corner from the newly pedestrianised Thomas st and there's one (or two?) off William street, as you go down towards the Round House pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Yeah Limerick pretty bad for 2nd hand book shops. I miss that bookshop that was around the corner from Little Catherine Street (Thomas Street?). Used to trade in a bunch of books there every couple of months.

There is another one on Henry Street, but it has weird opening hours (they seem to open when they feel like it, rather than any set opening hours!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭EoimarMuppet

Maggie there is an old library on O'Connell St, beside the bank pub near the Leader office. I know a fella working there. They are not a library anymore but they have a HUGE store of old books to browse. Its a local history library now

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

thanks lads! im from cork so mite give there a look aswell. its just books for english for college im looking for, for after xmas. so im tryin to get them on the cheap! being a student and all!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭rok

I saw one yesterday across from main entrance to the car park on Thomas Street, think it was called "Phils Books", I didnt go in but it looked like it could be the front room of someones house! To get to it walk away from O'Connell St pass Bella Italia on your R.H.S. + take next turn right, its down st on your right.
    There is the one mentioned earlier at Howleys Quay on Henry St with the weird opening hours, think it is called Dineens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

As far as I know Dineens on Henry Street is to close soon

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

As far as I know Dineens on Henry Street is to close soon

Yep, the unit is being sold off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Speaking of second-hand bookshops, I recently tried searching them for the old English schoolbooks "Exploring English" parts 1, 2 & 3. These were text books for the Leaving Cert back in the 1970's.

I'd really appreciate if anyone here had copies I could borrow or better, buy.

Long shot, I know, but no harm trying!

John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭hannah00

You should look on www.abebooks.co.uk. They sell a massive amount of 2nd hand books & textbooks.

Advertisement