Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing ireland

Options
  • 19-11-2007 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭

man, i used to go to café/delis at least once a week... and the question was always 'would you like a cup of tea' and the answer was always, 'ooh, yes please..' and that was that.

having spent some time in europe, requesting a cup of tea... then requesting a 'normal' cup of tea... then just settling for that intersting pink one... wtf?!

getting to australia and new zealand was a bit better, i only had to differentiate between a black cuppa (ie, no milk) and a white cuppa (with milk)... but stilll...#

man, i miss the days when a cup of tea meant just that - a cup of tea.

lookin forward to coming home to getting just that... but...tell me...was i just unlucky on my travels... or was that just the standard?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I generally don't bother with tea or most coffee types when abroad, mainly because the water is muck, not due to availablity.

Would you drink an espresso? They can be very good in a lot of european countries. Don't know what they'd be like in ozz though. The Dutch, the Spanish and the Italians know how to make a good coffee generally. Where have you been?

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Now I ain't well travelled but anywhere I've been around europe it seemed to be the standard. The selection of Tea's and not one of them the bloody right one!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭rockbeer

I know... the world would be so much better if all those other countries were just like Ireland. It's so boring having different cultures all over the place ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I generally don't bother with tea or most coffee types when abroad, mainly because the water is muck, not due to availablity.

Would you drink an espresso? They can be very good in a lot of european countries. Don't know what they'd be like in ozz though. The Dutch, the Spanish and the Italians know how to make a good coffee generally. Where have you been?

There are enough Aussies of Italian stock to ensure you should be
    able to get your hands on a decent espresso - especially in Melbourne.

My own rule when travelling is if the milk is dodgy due to heat
    (compared to Irish milk) to stick to espressos.

OP, have you tried asking for British Breakfast teas whilst on your travels?
    When presented with the infamous selection box of teas it's probably
    your best bet for something close to Irish tea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭supertramp

I've never been there, but I would guess Morocco, would have single type of tea. Without milk, of course.
    But it has to be a tea-lover must-do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

rockbeer wrote: »
    I know... the world would be so much better if all those other countries were just like Ireland. It's so boring having different cultures all over the place ;)

Fair Enough I guess! :D:):D

Advertisement