Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bin charges (Dun Laoghaire-Rathdown)

Options
  • 19-11-2007 3:29pm

Just moved in to a place on the stillorgan road. There are a few letters addressed to the occupier from the council looking for 1800 in bin charges.

It obviously hasn't been paid in a while if ever!
    Having lived in Kildare up to this system is fairly new to me.
    Obviously I'm not going to pay someone elses arrears but whats the story with it. it seems they are still collecting the bins regardless of the arrrears.

Anyone care to guide me in the best course of action?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,306 ✭✭✭markpb

If you're renting, you need to talk to the landlord. It's their responsibilty to clear the charges before you move in.

markpb wrote: »
    If you're renting, you need to talk to the landlord. It's their responsibilty to clear the charges before you move in.

We are already in unfortunatly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Send a copy of your lease to the council to show when you moved in.
    This happened us when we moved into a house in August, 5 years arrears owing. The bin wasn't collected for over a month in October because our landlord kept lying to us that it would be sorted.

Advertisement