Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Ericsson Confusion

• 19-11-2007 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi i'm a new one to boards and need some advice.
    the boyf has a sony ericsson w300i. want to get him a phone for xmas. was thinking of the Sony Ericsson K800i? price is ok and looks good.anyone any advice as to whether this is a step up from w300i or down? or same?
    thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I owned the w300i and upgraded to the K800i.
    I found it to be a definite step up.

The menu layout is very similar but the 3MP camera with flash, better screen etc makes it a much better phone IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Pansy Potter

Its about 50 steps up without a huge learning curve. Its the best value phone on sale at the moment for what it has.. He will love it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭billbond4

It would be nice if you put in a M2 memory card into his phone too :)
    (check the contents before you buy)

When I got my K800i last year ,there was no memory card in the phone, so I had to buy one but they are cheap enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 hgf

thank you so much guys!!!
    think i mite go for it. do you no how easy they are to unlock though? he's on meteor and they dont sell em!! surprise surprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭Conar

I don't think you can unlock yourself.
    I'm not sure about a store that normally unlocks phones.

May be easier to switch network.

• Advertisement
Advertisement