Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

elective full

Options
  • 19-11-2007 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

iv been studying a language for the last 2 semesters and i want to do the next stage after christmas but its full....is there any way around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Go to the programme office or just hope that someone pulls out over christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

Didn't they say they were going to reopen elective selection? I went on there today, and it appeared to be open, but wouldn't let me make a change. I found an elective that is recommended for my course, has no schedule conflict and 79 open places (it said on screen) and tried to replace my existing elective...but was told "elective full". I don't think it's really full, I think it's just not open for changes yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Hey everyone,

Just wondering can anybody help me out here. Due to the ENORMOUS mess up with registration this year, my subjects were all over the place. I still have NO electives for semester two!!! :eek: I spoke to administration who could really offer no resolution for the time being (after three hours of me arguing that it was not my fault and that UCD's system had once again failed). They said that I should try not to worry and that I'll be able to pick an elective in semester two. Is this possible though?? Does registration really re-open in semester two? I kinda don't trust the whole UCD team anymore, they seem a lil careless to be honest. Are there any other students out there with this problem? Or who've had this problem before?? Just wondering how did you get it sorted?! Thanks...:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

registration re-opened on monday....
    it will stay open until february.

i had a small problem today and the science programme office sorted it for me in minutes.....it depends on how well the person knows how to use the system!

I used the system the way everyone else did! I followed the online instructions and administration even told me that they had purposely locked certain modules to cope with the numbers. I've just tried again, my credit statement is still coming up wrong. It's telling me I'm not even enrolled in a class I've attended since September. While still saying that I'm short of credits. This is very worrying. I can't seem to fix it. I think I may go see Admin about this again...

(I assume by 'the person' you meant the people in admin?? Because I did everything correctly, the new 'lottery' system means that it doesn't matter when you apply, if you're name doesn't get picked then you don't get in! I don't know if the Science gang sorted theirs differently but Arts have had massive trouble this year)

• Advertisement

Hey,
    I'm having the same problem myself. Admin actually told me that they had purposely locked certain modules to cope with numbers. I still have no electives for semester two and am quiet worried. It seems to be Arts that are having lots of trouble. I don't know what to do either. It is saying I am not enrolled in a class I have been in since Sep. and is telling me I am still short on credit. Yet it wont allow me to enroll in anymore?! At this stage of the year I think this kind of trouble is ridiculous!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

MizzLolly wrote: »
    It is saying I am not enrolled in a class I have been in since Sep. and is telling me I am still short on credit. Yet it wont allow me to enroll in anymore?! At this stage of the year I think this kind of trouble is ridiculous!!! :(

Welcome to UCD :mad:

At least you guys are on the system, my course isn't even classified on blackboard - you can imagine the fun I have trying to sort out my modules - especially considering I'm in stage X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭tywy

jimi_t wrote: »
    Welcome to UCD :mad:

At least you guys are on the system, my course isn't even classified on blackboard - you can imagine the fun I have trying to sort out my modules - especially considering I'm in stage X.

Don't think they'll ever make things easy for stage X students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭stereoroid

I mentioned on another thread that I found out why I couldn't register the course: a bug means that the "Drop/Swap" option only looks at Elective places, and says "Full" if there aren't any of those. If the course is in your programme, it will still show places, and you can get one if you just drop any elective you don't want, select the new course and say Register as normal.

In other words, you get priority on a place on a course if it's in your programme, over people wanting to do the course out-of-programme. They're going to free up some of those untaken places next week (the headlines on UCD Connect say).

edit: see http://www.ucd.ie/registry/registration/2007/ which links to another page stating which courses will be given more places. This will be updated every Tuesday until February.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Merged this thread with "Elective Mess Up!!", as they seem to be both delaing with the same topic.

• Advertisement

Heeeeey Raphael... Now I look nutts!!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Excellent, my evil plan is coming to fruition. Muahahaha!

Hem. Carry on.

Advertisement