Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Santa Claus does Galway?

Options
  • 19-11-2007 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭

Anybody recommend or know if there's a Santa Grotto thing going on in Galway? The one in the Eyre Sq Centre was done last year and was pretty crap. Plan on bringing the nephew, somewhere with half decent pressies and short queues. Get me in the mood for the Chrimbo....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I don't know, but I thought I'd jump on the Christmas theme of your thread and ask if there's an outside Carol service in Galway over christmas, churches give me the willies (figuratively speaking)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

MattKid wrote: »
    I don't know, but I thought I'd jump on the Christmas theme of your thread and ask if there's an outside Carol service in Galway over christmas, churches give me the willies (figuratively speaking)

Aye pal, outside Supermac's every Thursday at about 2am :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,979 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Nah, I was speaking to the red guy over the weekend, and apparently there are no good kids here so he's going to give Galway a miss this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭galvianlord

lol, well the nephew is from tipp so....why does he have to suffer...will no one think of the children!!!???

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Anybody recommend or know if there's a Santa Grotto thing going on in Galway? The one in the Eyre Sq Centre was done last year and was pretty crap. Plan on bringing the nephew, somewhere with half decent pressies and short queues. Get me in the mood for the Chrimbo....

I believe the G Hotel have some kind of Santa party for parents and kids on a Sunday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Did Eyre Sq Centre last year. Present was crap anyway. Looking for other options this year also.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

leex wrote: »
    Did Eyre Sq Centre last year. Present was crap anyway. Looking for other options this year also.

My niece & nephew went to the ailwee caves last year, apparently it was great. they got letters before hand from Santa telling them what time he was expecting them, great pressies and a letter after with a picture (I think).

I don't know how much it all cost, not cheap, I suspect - but might be worth a look see on their website?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

There might be one in the Eyre Square Continental Market. There used to be one in the Galway Shopping Centre (where Tesco is) and I'm pretty sure there's one in the round tower bit of the Eyre Square Shopping Centre every year.

Back in the day we used to go to the on upstairs in News at 10, or Roches Santy.

We'll be bringing our lad to Turoe Pet Farm because my workplace puts on a Christmas party there every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kateof

Das Kitty wrote: »
    There might be one in the Eyre Square Continental Market. There used to be one in the Galway Shopping Centre (where Tesco is) and I'm pretty sure there's one in the round tower bit of the Eyre Square Shopping Centre every year.

Back in the day we used to go to the on upstairs in News at 10, or Roches Santy.

We'll be bringing our lad to Turoe Pet Farm because my workplace puts on a Christmas party there every year.
    The Christmas market on Eyre Sq. has been approved and will go ahead from mid or early november, I'm sure they will do a Santa at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

Das Kitty wrote: »

nah it was upstairs in Glynn's - and it was sooo exciting - going up that wooden stairs - anyone remember that. :D anyone remember glynns. it was great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Daveyderavey

I was in buying a tree from the Christmas shop in Castlebar tool hire and they have a new grotto that they built. They owner was telling me it taken in from Germany and beyond. It is just mindblowing inside. Something like you would see in Disneyland! Elves, gingerbread house, i cant wait to bring my kid. Santa wasnt there but i think this is the first weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lovechristmas

Check out the planet entertainment centre on Facebook...

Advertisement