Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GPS .... Phone ... help!

• 19-11-2007 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

hi, iam looking for a GPS phone, with wifi mp3 etc... some thing like the N95, As i havent bought a phone in about 4+ years i am not up to date with the top makers

any ideas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

everybody seems to like the N95 so maybe go with that one. i only hate it because it doesn't have a full keyboard. the other decent GPS phones would be the E90 and possibly the 6110 though not the 6110 from '97 cause that one doesn't have gps

there's always the endless amount of noname brand OEM windows mobile ones usually made by HTC if you're into that kind of thing

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

but i here that the GPS ant on the n95 is not ment to be that good. and you have the barrery issue. has anyone tried the n95 GPS while drive? i would love to get the iphone but no GPS... will apple release an iphone with GPS, would be the king of phones then..

you have to pay them money to turn on the voice prompts. that is all

if you are worried about the battery just buy one of those silly bluetooth GPS thingies and a decent nokia e-series or n-series phone. GPS usually does eat up a good bit of battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Cilldara1

Been using the N95 for bout six months now, Class Phone IMO, regarding GPS the N95 has it's own built in GPS receiver, you will have to download Maps ect to use this function, unsure how much as I have never used it !!
    I have loaded up the latest Version of Tomtom on my N95, works ace only downside is that you will have to buy an external GPS receiver bout £20 quid off e-bay ( the N 95's built in GPS receiver will not work with Tomtom)

would it work if ya connected the iphone to an external GPS receiver?

• Advertisement

clansman wrote: »
    would it work if ya connected the iphone to an external GPS receiver?

probably not. unless somebody hacks it and writes an app for it. and then for every firmware update from apple it won't work anymore so you will be stuck using old firmware

the iPhone is a very, very closed off and restricted device.

"the iPhone is a very, very closed off and restricted device"
    and thats the reason why i never got a ipod inano etc... and now the iphone.

"there's always the endless amount of noname brand OEM windows mobile ones usually made by HTC if you're into that kind of thing"

how good is the windows mobile,,, the idea of having windows on a mobile scares the Sh1t out of me.

Advertisement