Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New motherboard.

Options
  • 19-11-2007 4:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

So..

I need a new motherboard. The one i have now has to go back :( And i need the best possible motherboard available. I am willing to buy from anywhere, apart from germany. So the xompany has to accept a CC.

I am not looking for sli use anymore. As its just overkill with my monitor. All i want is, for the board to be extreemly overclockable, support ddr2/ddr3 ( not really needed, but i will be going to ddr3 soon ) Needs 1/2 ide chanels. 6+ sata ports. Amazing cooling on the board.

Also while im at it, i need a new gfx card and ram for the gf's pc. 2gb shoudl do fine, dont need great ram as it wont be overclocked. As for the gfx oc.uk have x1950pro's for 60£ and as she will only be playing games like hl2 ti should do her fine i think. Might go for a 3750pro if they benchmarks are good, and its silent ! I also need a pu cooler for it too. Something quiet but with a bit of headroom for overclocking to 3ghz.

Any help is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Asus Maxmuiss or the new X38 Dfi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Asus p5e :)

For your GF, get value ram from Ocuk (don't matter 5300 or 6400) as she not oc'in. Go with the x1950pro. Zalman CNPS9500-LED cooler, great cooling @ good price, really silent also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

aye i was thinking the asus maximus, cant find the dfi board anywhere though.

Aye i was thinking value ram will do her. and ive managed to get a 7800gt extreme for 85€ which should do her grand. And thanks for the advice on the cooler :)

Is there anythign a bit more hardcore though? in regards to motherboards.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Prob the DFI if you can find it, the maximus or really any X38 would be as good honestly...What was that (old) new board anyway you never said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭fantasma

If your new mother is bored maybe she can get some cheering up at somthingformemother.com. Trust me it never fails:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

dont think the dfi is out for 1-2 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

fantasma wrote: »
    If your new mother is bored maybe she can get some cheering up at somthingformemother.com. Trust me it never fails:D

GTFO... :rolleyes:

Yeah the new DFI looks pretty sweet. Check out XS and see what mobo they are pimping at the moment. They are usually the guys who know which mobo is currently the best.

Also, about SLI, don't you have a 24" monitor? Wouldn't a res of 1900x1200 benefit from SLI?

Nope, its a 22". sure its in my sig ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Wish my missis would be happy with 2nd hand pc parts 4 xmas, got a room full of em :p

Herself better be happy. She is going to get the most heavily modified pc i have ever built.

• Advertisement
Advertisement