Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

ICE covered by insurance?

Options
  • 19-11-2007 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,
    Just a quick question - is my sound system covered by the present insurance, 3rdpf&p? They don't know I've put it in, but do I have to tell them for it to be covered? Or even if I do, will it be covered?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

wet-paint wrote: »
    Hey folks,
    Just a quick question - is my sound system covered by the present insurance, 3rdpf&p? They don't know I've put it in, but do I have to tell them for it to be covered? Or even if I do, will it be covered?

More then likely not. Your supposed to tell insurance company immediately when you change something in your car and ICE is a big thing. Also the TPFT won't cover unless car is stolen or burned, but I may be wrong on this. You'll have to ring and ask, most companies specify the won't take after market ICE on their web sites, but you can get quote if you call and tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭mvpr

It all depends on your insurance policy.

Mine strictly states that any after market ICE will not be covered in the event of theft etc...

Might be worth ringing them - might be a case of just letting them know you have it. Cant imagine your insurance would take a major hike.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

You must tell them and agree an increased value. Otherwise it's not covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Unless you tell the insurance company of any upgrade/modification, the insurer will assume that the car has the same equipment as it did the day it left the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

Grand, this is what I was kind of hoping to hear.
    Aye, I meant that if it was stolen or burnt out that it'd be covered, cheers.
    Will have to give them a bell so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

On quinn policies, ICE value covered doesn't exceed 5% of the insured vale of the car.

Advertisement