Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do i get to Waterford Crystal Centre?

• 19-11-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hello all.
    I want to visit the Waterford Crystal Visitor Centre but i can't find anything on their website, probably because there seems to be a problem with some of their links and pages.
    It's well outside Waterford City isn't it...
    Any tips on how to get there with public transport?
    By the way i haven't really any great fondness to go to this place but a foreign friend wants to go and i said why not so if ye can recommend decent pubs in Waterford city too that would be great. Haven't been there since i was at an age where i wasn't even thinking about alcohol never mind knew the effects it would have on me in later years :)
    Anyway, Waterford Crystal Centre, how do i get there!

Thanks in advance

Drugness

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

AFAIR it is on the main N25 Cork Road a few miles from the city centre. One or two of the city bus routes serve it, route 1 and possibly 3.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

The Crystal Factory website is poor on a number of grounds. A great place to visit though, and loved by all tourists. If your driving, I can give directions depending where your travelling from. If your getting public transport, that also depends where your getting it from.

Ill assume your getting on at the bus station - its the bus that goes out to WIT/Ballybeg. Cant remember the exact name, but there is usually the one bus that drives about and does the city loop. Ask at the bus station which bus is taking you out towards the Crystal Factor and they will tell you which one to get and where. The route numbers are a bit random if displayed at all - but they mostly indicate there going to WIT/Ballybeg. Waterford Crystal is just before the WIT. Just ask the driver to stop as close to the Crystal Factory - which, as far as I remember, is past the factory and up outside the WIT.

You can get the bus from most bus stops heading out towards the Clock Tower.

I dont drink in Waterford, but there are plenty of great choices. Someone else can do a better recommendation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

yeah all depends where your coming from but i suppose just get a bus/train to main waterford station and then ask what bus brings you close to waterford crystal or just get a taxi . its only about 2/3 miles from the stations ,the factory and visitor centre are located in the same place and to avoid confusion when you get to waterford just call it "THE GLASS" or "THE GLASS BOY ". and when it comes to pubs , the pubs in waterford arent great so i suppose the best thing to do is bring a bag of cans when your going on the glass tour

Advertisement