Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stray cat pooping in the garden

Options
  • 19-11-2007 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I have a very a feminant male cat who is a scaredy cat when it comes to this older female stray. she has now taken to crapping in our garden. I'm tempted to put water bottles around but will this stop my cat using his litter tray (he has a catery in the back where we keep his litter tray...)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭sillymoo

Maybe look at this thread for advice on using water?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055182081

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

we have tried this but the cat has taken to coming in at night.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Shake white pepper everywhere? It worked for me before.

did you have your own cat as well?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Yes I did, but I put the pepper in the area where the stray cat was pooing. Since your cat uses a litter tray maybe it's worth a try since he won't be sniffing around looking for somewhere to 'go'?
    I think the pepper just puts them off sniffing for a fresh patch to go in because it makes them sneeze.

• Advertisement

will try it thank you

Advertisement