Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hobby 600 Replacement Window

• 19-11-2007 6:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

My parents have a Hobby 600 (2004) and they need to replace one of the rear windows (RHS - I think).

They tried to get a replacement when they were in France recently, but no luck.

Any ideas on where they can order the window from?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

lso wrote: »
    My parents have a Hobby 600 (2004) and they need to replace one of the rear windows (RHS - I think).

They tried to get a replacement when they were in France recently, but no luck.

Any ideas on where they can order the window from?

Thanks.

Do Hobby have a website? They may be able to contact them directly to order the window? Or Hooby may be able to point them in the direction of a vendor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

according to hobby's website:

http://www.hobby-caravan.de/index.php?active_id=4288&from_internal_page=%2Fmain.php&PHPSESSID=0f655c2

Donaghey's in Donegal is their main importer for Ireland

http://www.donagheymotorhomes.ie/

Help should be but a phonecall away

peasant wrote: »
    Help should be but a phonecall away

You would think!! Not necessarily tho;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

I bought a Hobby 650 from this guy - he imports them http://www.wexford-caravans.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

I'm in a similiar prediciment, need a window for my Benimar. On ebay (search under Caravan spares/windows there are a few English dealers. They tend not to post due to potential damage but if you're willing to take the risk I'm sure you could talk to them.
    O'leary motorhomes also sell windows and do post to Ireland.
    My neighbour is having windows made from a company in Wicklow, I'm waiting to see their quality before I decide what to do.

• Advertisement

I'm in the process of ordering windows directly from Ahorn in Germany. They have said they will ship them over. It takes a couple of weeks to have them made tho.

From looking for windows on the web I have noticed that a lot of them are sold as an assembly (including the frame and blackout blind/mosquito blind). This puts the price up a lot.

I have managed to get the glass (polycarbonate) part and hinge only (hopefully):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lso

Thanks for all of the responses.

I'll pass on the details and I'll post back to let you know how they get on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 lso

Hi,

I just wanted to post an update on this.

My parents finally have a new window!

They ended up going to a builders providers and buying a sheet of perspex. My uncle, who is a carpenter, then cut it to size.

They are very happy with the result. So this might provide some inspiration to other people in the same predicament.

Thanks for all of the responses.

Advertisement