Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mario best game ever?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Most of them game rankings are different all around the web, most people never judge games by when it came out?

For instance half life,first released by Sierra Studios on November 19, 1998.
    I was 10 years old back then,people were playing playstation/N64 and probably sega's! lol

I remember playing it in my cousins house, and was i was just amazed. I forgot the name of the game, and played it a few years later. When the triple pack was released. And it still kicked behinds!

I try to tell people how good half life is to people who never played it, and they hate it, because they never knew when it came out and tend to like the newer games. Its the same with other titles, MGS, Red faction 1 not 2. lol And so on....

Mario was good back when it came out, i think it would be great if they put it on the newer portable devices. Like PSP,DS, and phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭darkskol

Fizman wrote: »
    I havent played it yet but my mate said after 10 mins he felt sick because of the angles. LOL (Same mate struggles to play FPS's, think he has motion sickness issues :rolleyes:).

Nooo dont say that I get motion sickness too playing some FPS's. Will have to get a loan of it now before I go spend my money on it to make sure I am able to play it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,411 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

WellyJ wrote: »
    Saga then sorry,

Either way, im surprised he mentions Mario 3 above it here considering how many times i have seen him mention PDS as his favorite game ever.

Mario 3 is my favourite mario game. PD Saga is my favourite game ever. Panzer Dragoon Orta is pretty damn sweet too.

Red Faction was always ****. Still think Half-Life 1 hasn't been bettered in single-player.

PS: Stop stalking me tman

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Red faction is an amazing game, the single player was really long and challenging. The concept and story of the game was so cool! The weapons and vechiles were unique. The way you can tunnel through walls, the multiplayer was brilliant!

I can still go back and play with my friend against bots. Setting the bots on fire with the flamethrower and having some good craic blowing the hell out of them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Ross_Mahon wrote: »

Mario was good back when it came out, i think it would be great if they put it on the newer portable devices. Like PSP,DS, and phones.

Mario 64 DS was a launch title for the DS and the other Mario games are available on GBA which also work on the DS....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

mcgovern wrote: »
    I got bored of platformers when I was 12, every one since (including the Mario's) has been more of the same, except usually worse.
    So what does this do thats new other than the spherical world/gravity stuff?

It's absolutely full of invention. Each new galaxy feels fresh and exciting. There are so many quirky, mad and refreshing ideas thrown at you, each exploited fully by the perfect level design, the game is literally amazing. You're never told where to go or what to do, so there's that constant joy of discovery. It feels like the product of some of the best developers in the world at the absolute top of their game. I haven't been so consistently happy and excited while playing a game since I was a starry-eyed wain. It's magical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Played a couple of hours of it last night but was more interested in going back to Ratchet & Clank tbh.

But that's comparing the absolutely excellent final sections of that game with what were little more than tutorial levels in Mario so I'm sure it will get better, I'm gonna concentrate on clearing Ratchet & Clank before getting back to it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Finished it tonight with 104 stars, going back to get them all.

One thin i have noticed over mario 64 is that the control is perfect, i dont fall off things like i do in other 3d games. The Z jump pullback also makes it a bit easy once you master that.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Considering it generated so much discussions earlier....

Edge gave it a 10.

Was there ever any doubt??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Screw you guys. Im trying to finish Zelda (went back to it this week after being distracted from playing it last year) and now all I want to do is put it down again and get SMG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement