Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

01 VW Polo - Oil Pressure Light

Options
  • 19-11-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having a bit of trouble with my Polo this evening. Got out of work, started the car, and as I was reversing out of my space, a red oil can started flashing in the instrument panel along with 4 loud beeps. Ignored it and drove about 3 minutes down the road when the car started slowing down and eventually just died. I managed to start it and drive it back to work, but this light and buzzing is coming on everytime the accelerator is pressed.

I've checked the oil levels and everything seems normal. Any ideas on whats wrong?? (I should be home by now!! :()

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭roughan

Engine is siezed !
    you should have not driven it
    is there any oil in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Not that familiar with the polo but it either has a problem with oil pressure or thinks it has a problem with oil pressure. You should not drive the car till you have it checked. Even the 3 mins without oil pressure you've already had, could well be more than enough to finish your engine.

Call a mechanic.

Advertisement