Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In keeping with the transport theme running through the forum...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Maharet wrote: »
    That's absolutely ridiculous, that road is scary even when you do have a green light to cross, you really have to be careful all right. The other place that's dodgy for pedestrians is ballybricken on the zebra crossings, a good few times when I've stopped to give pedestrians right of way some asshole behind me has blown at me for stopping! :rolleyes:

That happened to me also. only the person crossing at the zebra crossing was an off-duty cop that I know and marched straight to the person behind me and flashed him his ID and gave him a verbal warning

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

trishw78 wrote: »
    That happened to me also. only the person crossing at the zebra crossing was an off-duty cop that I know and marched straight to the person behind me and flashed him his ID and gave him a verbal warning

Hate that! Serves him right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Just twigged the roundabout at Tesco Ardkeen has been altered. I kind of had to skip lanes in a hurry, but there was nothing behind me so no probs there.

I really shouldn't have bothered change lanes though as I was the only one that seemed to cop on to the change :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Bards

big huge new orange sign, newly painted signs on the road... are all Waterford Car users that blind, or carefree that they do not noticwe new road layouts... I came accross there at 4pm this afternoon and it was great to skip down the right hand lane to go straight towards the hospital

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Roen wrote: »
    Just twigged the roundabout at Tesco Ardkeen has been altered. I kind of had to skip lanes in a hurry, but there was nothing behind me so no probs there.

I really shouldn't have bothered change lanes though as I was the only one that seemed to cop on to the change :mad:

Alot of muppets using the roundabout incorrectly since the change, their obviously blind

I;m on a bike and I've almost got knocked down because muppets have been using the lanes incorrectly!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

fricatus wrote: »
    They should do the same thing at the roundabout for Tesco on the ORR (Ardkeen direction). There is a left lane for straight on and left turns, plus a right lane where there is no right turn. Make the left lane left only, and the right lane for straight on and U-turns.

Is it true that they've implemented my decree? (above). I saw a bunch of guys in illuminous :D jackets at the Tesco roundabout the other day, taking measurements or something.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

they've changed the Ardkeen and Tesco roundabouta now, better signs on the Tesco one, the change makes sense even if the road markings are different to that of what the rules of the road book says.

but by law its perfectly legal for Waterford Corp to change them and personally I think the changes make perfect sense and help the flow of traffic, just a shame so many drivers are feckin blind and don't pay due attention to road markings/signs

Advertisement