Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infraction

Options
  • 17-11-2007 7:51pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭

Victor why would i get a warning for my post on this thread..... you cant be serious

whats all this (1 point(s) total Infractions) ?????

and then you slag me when i make a spelling misteak......
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Victor why would i get a warning for my post on this thread..... you cant be serious

What thread? Unless you link, your post makes very little sense, except perhaps to Victor himself, and possibly not even to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,421 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Above post split from thread.
    feckless wrote: »
    Tormented day & night by house alarms!!
    just get yourelf a rifle... thats what i did
    Victor wrote: »
    Not a suitable solution - guns make noise.

You gave a stupid solution contrary to the charter, expect some sort of reprimand.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I think you'll find its mistake .... couldn't help it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Jaysus 6th, you didn't half bite down on that hook...

I think I chipped a tooth!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't think you have a case really OP.

LMAO @ 6th though :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

6th wrote: »
    I think you'll find its mistake .... couldn't help it.
    I think you'll find it's it's.

What thread? Unless you link, your post makes very little sense, except perhaps to Victor himself, and possibly not even to him.
    Victor wrote: »
    Above post split from thread.
    Oh, ok ... sorry, Victor!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Infractions is the new negative rep, non?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Infractions?.. What a load of rubbish- You cannnot have a democratic forum without infracitons, otherwise close down Boards.ie ?.

P.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You cannnot have a democratic forum without infracitons
    Where in the name of God do people keep getting this idea that the place is democratic from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Paddy20 wrote: »
    Infractions?.. What a load of rubbish- You cannnot have a democratic forum without infracitons, otherwise close down Boards.ie ?.

P.:cool:

Paddy its not a democaracy. You learn that after a while. You learn to keep quiet adn obey orders.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

togster wrote: »
    Paddy its not a democaracy. You learn that after a while. You learn to keep quiet adn obey orders.:rolleyes:

Or if people don't like the place, they can always opt out.

There is no rule stating that if you have signed up an account you must use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

DesF wrote: »
    Or if people don't like the place, they can always opt out.

I normally agree with what you say, Des. But not in this case. I think when we stop questioning what we think is wrong, it's a sad day :p

If people enjoy boards, and bear in mind it's the posters that make it, then they should be able to pull someone up on an issue if they think they're acting in a way that's detrimental to the spirit of the place.

To say that people should walk away and log out of they don't like mod behaviour just smacks of weakness.

tallaght01 wrote: »
    I normally agree with what you say, Des. But not in this case. I think when we stop questioning what we think is wrong, it's a sad day :p

With the proviso of course, that the same question is not asked repeatedly, or the same incorrect conclusion drawn each time. Other than that, I agree with you.
    If people enjoy boards, and bear in mind it's the posters that make it, then they should be able to pull someone up on an issue if they think they're acting in a way that's detrimental to the spirit of the place.

All the posters make up the mix, however many stars they have above their names. I presume you're referring to regular users, rather than mods with this point?

In the majority of causes, behaviour leading to the detriment of the site emanates from users, but to assume all mods are infallible is equally fallacious.

There's one new forum, with two new mods, where one seems to have a well balanced idea of what the forum should be, while the other is attempting to rule with an ill aimed rod of iron, while castigating others for behaviour they themselves were perpetrating with abandon, before they got the fourth star. The result is much headscratching amongst the users as to what the forum is meant to be.

Personally, I can't see the place lasting another month without outside intervention.

I suppose my point here is yet again, that both mods and users have a responsibility to the community at large...
    To say that people should walk away and log out of they don't like mod behaviour just smacks of weakness.

Neither should we allow people upset the community with abandon, for fear that they may leave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

With the proviso of course, that the same question is not asked repeatedly, or the same incorrect conclusion drawn each time. Other than that, I agree with you.

All the posters make up the mix, however many stars they have above their names. I presume you're referring to regular users, rather than mods with this point?

In the majority of causes, behaviour leading to the detriment of the site emanates from users, but to assume all mods are infallible is equally fallacious.

There's one new forum, with two new mods, where one seems to have a well balanced idea of what the forum should be, while the other is attempting to rule with an ill aimed rod of iron, while castigating others for behaviour they themselves were perpetrating with abandon, before they got the fourth star. The result is much headscratching amongst the users as to what the forum is meant to be.

Personally, I can't see the place lasting another month without outside intervention.

I suppose my point here is yet again, that both mods and users have a responsibility to the community at large...

Neither should we allow people upset the community with abandon, for fear that they may leave.

I agree, Roundy. You're spot on. My point is that there's currently often an imbalance. Basically, regular users get banned and can take a bit of personal abuse. Whereas the mods on their forums can happily dish out whatever they like.

We both know what forum you're talking about, mate. I agree with your sentiments entirely.

My point is that there's currently often an imbalance. Basically, regular users get banned and can take a bit of personal abuse. Whereas the mods on their forums can happily dish out whatever they like.

I wouldn't say that there's often an imbalance. What I am saying though, is that I wouldn't blindly rule it out.

Mods do have a position of authority (necessarily so), but we are collectively, ultimately accountable to the admins. Of course some of us do a better job than others ;)

The best course of action if you feel you, or someone else has been treated unfairly, is to bring it straight to the Help Desk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

DesF wrote: »

Someone better tell 6th that.....:D

Sorry dude, couldent resist................;)

Well someone was gonna say it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,724 ✭✭✭oleras

Well someone was gonna say it!

That was fast !
    Good God man, are you hard wired into Boards...... i have visions of Neo with a beard..... :D

• Advertisement

There's a reason people think Ruu is my dad ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The Russian shot soldiers who strayed during WWII.....sadly we don't have that option so infractions it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭David Michael

You are the latest BillyTheSquid.

gg wp etc

Nah ... ye're more like Data and Lore out of Star Trek TNG :p:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

You learn that after a while. You learn to keep quiet adn obey orders.:rolleyes:

I wish you would.

Advertisement