Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Led Zeppelin tickets go for £26,000

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

Nature Boy wrote: »
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230190420171

Unbelievable. Sold for £26,223 which is €36,619 for 2 tickets. It was for charity but still...

The tickets were won by parrish1646( 0 ) who has no feedback and no purchases and only joined ebay for this auction. I hope, for the sake of this charity, that this isnt a hoax

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The fact that the seller is also new, I'm actually almost fearing the worst for that person now, despite being a bit stoopid to pay that much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,177 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

I'd buy that for a dollar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Most likely someone who was interested, and has enough money not to need to buy stuff from eBay usually ? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Motorbreath

I wouldn't be surprised if a pair of tickets went for that sort of price. There's bound to be some crazed Zeppelin fan somewhere out there with the cash to waste... O_o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,009 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Publicity stunt for eBay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭finbarrk

I had been bidding for one but it went too high, it made £740.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Hmm:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

I could be wrong on this, but I heard the method of distribution of the zep tickets was through a raffle. if you were picked then you could buy a ticket and that the ticket you buy can only be used by you meaning you can't sell the ticket (stopping all the e-bay shennanigans)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

The Bollox wrote: »
    I could be wrong on this, but I heard the method of distribution of the zep tickets was through a raffle. if you were picked then you could buy a ticket and that the ticket you buy can only be used by you meaning you can't sell the ticket (stopping all the e-bay shennanigans)

Yes, as far as i know, we are going to the Box Office on Sunday to pick up our entrance wrist bands, my friend Jon has to have ID and a copy of his Ticket Lottery details.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

galwayrush wrote: »
    Yes, as far as i know, we are going to the Box Office on Sunday to pick up our entrance wrist bands, my friend Jon has to have ID and a copy of his Ticket Lottery details.

Thats true, but this auction was organised with Jimmy Pages personal permission and goes to the charity he supports so it was the one and only EBay sale for Led Zeppelin tickets that was officially done through the band and their representatives

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

And to think I didn't buy those tickets at face value when I had the chance :D

(That's not a joke)

Advertisement