Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax - Traineeship - Which Big 4 firm?

• 19-11-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi,

I have received job offers to work in the tax depts of the big 4 but don't know which to chose. Does anyone have any comments?

What co. has the best tax dept and which co. will give me the best career opportunities?

Also does anyone know what the salary increases are to be during the course of the traineeship?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Hi there,

In Ireland I think in terms of size it's
    KPMG PWC Deloitte and EY.

Globally it's PWC EY KPMG Deloitte.

For Tax it depends more on the partner and the department than the Firm imo. If you have a sound partner and a good work environment it makes all the difference. You could end up in Income tax, corporation, financial services, tech tax, etc. What have you been offered? Pm me because I'm in a big 4 but I can't give advice on a public forum on a matter like this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Kelso

I'm in the same position as invisibleman.
    They really do all seem extremely similar. Is it wrong to make decisions on trivial things such as their offices, travelling distance etc? It does seem very hard to distinguish them so I can see myself deciding on something stupid in the end

Advertisement