Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move from RipWave to BT

Options
  • 19-11-2007 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Just a few questions for anyone who has expreriance first of all of getting out of
    the RIPwave contract.

Had the 1 mb about three months now and it has been crap to say the least barely 10k/s download if I m lucky.
    I m just about to write to them to cancel my contract based on that the speeds I receive are not what they advertise.

Has anyone ever had problems doing this?

Second, ordering the phone line off of Eircom so that I can switch it over to BT as their package's are way cheaper and they seem to better in general.

Do Eircom ram you for doing this?

also can you use an Eircom Wireless Router with a BT connection?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Johnny Bitte

Well as for leaving IBB it couldnt have been easier. Emailed there info address saying I waned to cancel and

"Thank you for your email and we are sorry to hear that you wish to
    cancel the service. I have now cancelled the connection and we will be
    sending a courier to collect the modem in the next 4 - 5 working days.
    If you have any problems or questions please let us know."

So I ordered my Eircom line on website, (which was free) and got the account info today.
    I have now ordered the Option 3 BT broadband package which seems to be be the best.

I just have 2 questions for BT user's!

1) How long is the contract with BT for and
    2) Can a Eircom DSL Netopia Router work with a DSL BT connection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭auggie2k

1) 6 months
    2) Yes

Advertisement