Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

'3' phones

• 19-11-2007 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Does anyone know if 3 phones come locked? Could I use a Meteor sim card in one? Or do all phones come locked these days?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

3 phones are all locked. if you intend to buy a pre pay phone you have to spend 130 in credit to get the code, if its a contract you have to cancel the contract and pay the cancellation fee.

or you could pay an unlocking shop to get it unlocked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Last week when I tried to get my phone unlocked from them I was told I needed to have topped up by over €150 since I bought the phone. Then they need a payment of €27 for the unlock code.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

Where do I ring to get my 3 phone unlocked?

No bother paying the €27 yoyos - I just loathe them that much!

Orlee wrote: »
    Where do I ring to get my 3 phone unlocked?

No bother paying the €27 yoyos - I just loathe them that much!

what type of phone is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

It s a sony ericsson Z610i

• Advertisement

that one would probably cost at least €27 to get unlocked but you might get a slightly better deal.

to get it unlocked, you'd have to either post the phone to an unlocking shop or bring it yourself but personally i wouldn't think a potential saving of maybe €5 wouldn't be worth it.

having said that, i know how you feel not wanting to give 3 your money. i didnt :)

i went to this guy:
    http://www.gsmsolutionsltd.com/home/index.html

he's just off O'Connell street in dublin and gives a discount for being a member of boards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

what type of phone is it?

Nokia N73

Nokia N73

same deal as the z610. i got my n70 done by the place i linked to for 25. the n73 is probably more so its cheaper, although annoying, to pay 3 to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

3 phones are all locked. if you intend to buy a pre pay phone you have to spend 130 in credit to get the code, if its a contract you have to cancel the contract and pay the cancellation fee.

or you could pay an unlocking shop to get it unlocked

Any idea what the cancellation fee is??

noblestee wrote: »
    Any idea what the cancellation fee is??

there is no specific fee just for cancelling but you have to pay what you originally agreed to pay them ie your monthly commitment times the number of months left in the contract

• Advertisement
Advertisement