Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E65 Vs N73

• 19-11-2007 9:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭

Hi all i'm looking to get a new phone and finally Meteor have some decent phones! Been looking at reviews of both and they seem like good phones. So basically looking for anyone who has used either of them and what their opinions are!
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

N73 has a better cam, but keypad is a little small to txt at first. Software can be slow to load on both. Like the slide design of the E65. Sat nav on N73 works great I use it all the time (not inc with phone, have to buy separtely)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

DonFred wrote: »
    N73 has a better cam, but keypad is a little small to txt at first. Software can be slow to load on both. Like the slide design of the E65. Sat nav on N73 works great I use it all the time (not inc with phone, have to buy separtely)

Thanks Don. TBH its between the better camera of the N73 and the Wi-Fi on the E65. I've also read the E65 has some nice little apps on it.
    Anyone that has the E65 do you use the Wi-Fi much when your out (is this even possible i.e. many free spots around the city?) or is it just at home?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭tonyj_mc

have th e65 use the wi-fi a bit but it really kills the battery on it, as for apps it come with the like of an office reader but you can download a load of free sotware includes a GPS software, you need an external bluetooth aerial ( a cheapy on the way from ebay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

The E65 has some good MS Office compatible apps and a PDF Reader as well which is handy plus it's more compact. It also reads your text messages out which is kinda cool if you're in the car! It's also much more compact - I was very disappointed with the camera though even for a 2mp it's terrible - no auto focus and there are very few settings on it unlike say on the SE K750i.
    Overall the E65 is more business orientated - but if they'd put a decent camera on it they would have had the perfect phone IMO.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Just been reading the E65 doesnt have a radio so I think beacuse of that i'll go with N73. Would love the Wi-Fi of the E65 but realistically Dublin doesn't seem to have the infrastructure to warrant it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

tonyj_mc wrote: »
    have th e65 use the wi-fi a bit but it really kills the battery on it, as for apps it come with the like of an office reader but you can download a load of free sotware includes a GPS software, you need an external bluetooth aerial ( a cheapy on the way from ebay)

Hey Tony - what kind of GPS antenna did you get as a matter of interest?
    Do u have a link to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Does anyone know a store with the N73 in stock? My local one in Blanchardstown hasn't got it.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Does anyone know a store with the N73 in stock? My local one in Blanchardstown hasn't got it.

They have it in the Ilac Centre in town!

Advertisement