Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

QuinnDirect Insurance

Options
  • 19-11-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭

Just wondering, if you get a quote from their online site, and have the details, reference number and account saved, but before paying/ signing away your soul...

Is that quote changable, either up or down?

Can they change their minds etcetc?

Is it legaly binding before you pay?

And how do you go about paying? Lazer via internet? Phone then via Check?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭mildews

Basically, the information that you give on line is taken as Gospel by the insurance company. so just make sure that the info you give is correct (i.e. Driving history etc.) as this could invalidate your policy if it turns out to be incorrect following a claim.
    No its not legally binding before you pay.
    Payment is usually via internet, but you can call them and make alternative payment options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

payment has to be made in 7 days. The quote is good for 40days and the cant change the price of the quote. They dont change there minds.

if you accept the quote, and dont pay, they will chase you for 7 days of cover cos thats when they expire your policy.

Payment by cash at the office, Credit.Debit cards or cheque/bank draft/postal order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 johnwrites

Just wondering, if you get a quote from their online site, and have the details, reference number and account saved, but before paying/ signing away your soul...

Is that quote changable, either up or down?

Can they change their minds etcetc?

Is it legaly binding before you pay?

And how do you go about paying? Lazer via internet? Phone then via Check?

Thanks in advance

I found that the online quote and the quotye give by phone was the same to the cent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

phoned them up to confirm my online quote last year and they dropped the price by €300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

mthd wrote: »
    phoned them up to confirm my online quote last year and they dropped the price by €300

They prob redid your quote from that day, and due to a drop in rates the price went down. Its the same systems that generates the quotes thats on the internet, to what the staff use so its mostly the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

You guys have all been great, thank you very much!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ring them up and tell them that you got a figure from another company for X amount (pick a figure 0f 10% - 20% dependant on what the actual original figure was). They will generally match it. I know that they can give a 20% discount over the phone without any need for a supervisor. One of my mates got a quote off them for 1500, he rang them back and said he got offered 1350, they dropped it to 1300. He rang back and said he got offered 1200 and then dropped it down to 1100! He made up all the figures, but he saved himself 400 blips!

Any idea if your friend had to state what company it was, as I'd imagine they'd cross check?

Maybe I could add: 2 previous policies, and was taught under a registered instructors firm, lol seems a long time ago :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

antodeco wrote: »
    Ring them up and tell them that you got a figure from another company for X amount (pick a figure 0f 10% - 20% dependant on what the actual original figure was). They will generally match it. I know that they can give a 20% discount over the phone without any need for a supervisor. One of my mates got a quote off them for 1500, he rang them back and said he got offered 1350, they dropped it to 1300. He rang back and said he got offered 1200 and then dropped it down to 1100! He made up all the figures, but he saved himself 400 blips!

Quinn told me they won't match quotes

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Really?! Thats mad. I know this was dont around 18 months ago. I did it myself with eagle star, but it was a genuine quote with them. Quinn definitley used to, shame if they dont anymore. There goes that trick! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

I actually took quinn's quote as the rest wanted every little detail and couldn't insure me straight away

only an extra 100euro or so with quinn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Poppy Cock

antodeco wrote: »
    Really?! Thats mad. I know this was dont around 18 months ago. I did it myself with eagle star, but it was a genuine quote with them. Quinn definitley used to, shame if they dont anymore. There goes that trick! :rolleyes:
    It's not a 'trick', because it never happened.

Would they lower it a little if I say:

2 previous policies, and was taught under a registered instructors firm

Advertisement