Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathroom Ceiling Vent

Options
  • 19-11-2007 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hi All,
    looking for some advice.
    I have a Vortice Micro T ventilation unit (220-240V ~ 50Hz 40W) in my bathroom that has broken down. So I'm looking for a replacement.
    I can't find the same model anywhere. So if anyone knows of a suitable replacement that would be great.
    The bathroom is about 6ft by 6+1/2ft with no window.
    Any help, much appreciated.
    thanks,
    Reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Why do you need exactly the same type? Why won't a standard one fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

10-10-20 wrote: »
    Why do you need exactly the same type? Why won't a standard one fit?
    I dont really need the same type, but I'm not sure what kind to get as a suitable replacement.
    Around what price range would you consider standard?
    Went into B&Q but they werent much help with advice.
    thanks.

I think we are talking ~€50 as standard.
    Can you post an image of your existing fan? We can see then what's required.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

we do fans in our place, is it a ceiling or a wall based fan. can you measure the outlet diameter. its probly 4/5/6 inch. we do inline kits so if its a ceiling fan one of these might be an option, there a little quieter as the fan itself would be in the attic with just a vent in the bathroom ceiling.like 101020 suggested a pic of it or a link to am image of it on the web would help

we do fans in our place, is it a ceiling or a wall based fan. can you measure the outlet diameter. its probly 4/5/6 inch. we do inline kits so if its a ceiling fan one of these might be an option, there a little quieter as the fan itself would be in the attic with just a vent in the bathroom ceiling.like 101020 suggested a pic of it or a link to am image of it on the web would help
    Thanks lads,
    It looks like this one: http://www.vortice.ltd.uk/catalogue.aspx?id=750
    but the exact model isnt listed.
    Its a ceiling fan and the outlet is 4 inches.
    The fan is also linked with the light switch for the room.
    I'm in an apt complex so there isnt the option of having the fan in the attic.
    nothdublin; where do you work? PM me if you dont want to name it here....
    thanks again

• Advertisement

I suspected it was a centrifugal fan alright. This type sit on the wall/ceiling and don't project into it. That's why you couldn't locate a similar one in B&Q!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

i work in an electrical wholesalers in the finglas area. ill check it out tomorow and see if i can give ye a guideline price. does the fan terminate into a 4'' wavin or into a 4'' flexi duct, and is it timed or does it go off as soon as you turn off the light switch.

i work in an electrical wholesalers in the finglas area. ill check it out tomorow and see if i can give ye a guideline price. does the fan terminate into a 4'' wavin or into a 4'' flexi duct, and is it timed or does it go off as soon as you turn off the light switch.
    No idea about duct, will check this evening. The fan comes on when the light is turned on.
    thanks.

Advertisement