Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mountain views

• 19-11-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

From my location here in S Co Wexford we can see the distant hills in Co Tipperary. They look lovely. Is it possible to drive up to the top of any of those hills/mountains?. Or, how far up can you drive?. Can you walk up the rest of the way to the top?.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

groveman60 wrote: »
    From my location here in S Co Wexford we can see the distant hills in Co Tipperary. They look lovely. Is it possible to drive up to the top of any of those hills/mountains?. Or, how far up can you drive?. Can you walk up the rest of the way to the top?.

I take it your on about Slievenamban... You can drive up some of them but you have to walk up the largest hill(the name eludes me).. I actually can't even remember where you go to drive up them.

Would I be correct in saying BallyMacarberry is on the Comeraghs and not Slievenamban??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hang on you're in Wexford looking at South Tipp posting in Waterford?! :D

Slievenamon (sp) has a path going right to the summit but dunno how "free" the access is.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

when im home sometimes i love driving up the commaragh mountains. now that is some view. used to go up to crucan. now that was some site of dungarvan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

The Comeraghs are a great place to spend a few hours when the weather is nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 groveman60

Interesting to read all the replies. Thanks for the info.
    One of these clear sunny days I'll get my map out and explore the beautiful views
    from the mountains.

• Advertisement
Advertisement